Woods are full of thieves

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    The mindset people have "nobody gonna fool with that," should be dead and gone. People are not afraid to come in and take everything you own. People always question me when I walk the camp with a shotgun, I only wish they knew why.

mwk1975

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Jackson, La
    It's to the point now that the only way some people won't steal things is if they are nailed down or on fire, and if they can find a hammer, they'll steal what's nailed down.

HammondShooter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Albany, Louisiana
    Thieves get off too easy today is why they keep doing it. Remember what happened to them back in Jesus' day? What were the two guys hanging to either side of him guilty of? And the one admitted he deserved that punishment. That sure would be a deterrent. Our society of slapping the wrist is too easy on crime. They should at least be beaten severely and have their thieving hands broken. By the time their hands healed, maybe they would take a different path in life.

Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    Stupid does not describe guys that rob blinds, plots, etc. It must not cross their minds that whoever placed the supplies does own a firearm.

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    Must be the same "entitlement attitude" that 40 years ago had people raiding my dad's hunting camp on the Wilkinson Canal. I guess those "entitlement thugs" must have time machines too. Wonder where they stole them?

This stuff has been going on since Hammurabi. Nothing new. If you leave stuff out in the open unattended, don't be surprised if someone steals it. Does it take a rocket scientist to figure this out? Sometimes I thing theft is God's little way of saying, "Get a clue."

I never said it was new bud. I am 39 years old and have been hunting in and around St. Tammany Parish my whole life. I wasn't born yesterday, and believe it or not, I realize that stealing wasn't just invented.

What I am saying, is that theft has become much more common place in recent years. Along with that is a steady increase in the number of a-holes in the woods. Wasn't so long ago that hunters had a little courtesy towards one another. Well those days are gone as well.

The biggest problem I have with your attitude, is you make it sound like it is the fault of the person who had their stuff stolen, not the fault of the dirt bag piece of human excrement who stole it.

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Somebody stole my stand once.....I went back the next year and found it about 1000' from the spot. Got myself some nice steps as interest.

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    2 cameras gone from my woods in watson. People night hunting too.. its wonderful. :mad:

I had a camera and blind stolen last year. This year, I have two cameras in each of my two hunting areas. One is pretty high in a tree and only monitors the trail leading into my hunting spot. I move the other camera around and monitor deer trails leading to and from my feeder. I used to have feeder cams, but they make easy targets.

I can remember when I was young leaving my climbing stand on a tree with a tag on it in the Pearl River WMA all year long. Never once had a problem, even though I am sure people saw it. After about 10 years of that I finally had one stolen. I stopped doing it after that, and now I wouldn't even think to leave one out there, even if it was chained to the tree. I am sure lots of us can also remember being able to leave the car doors unlocked at night to....

Last edited:

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    WIFM

All about What's In it For Me!

People nowadays feel everthing is owed them!

I cant afford a stand or an item so I'll steal theirs etc.

Make a few of these folks bullit catchers I bet all the BS would stop!

As mentioned earlier NO ACCOUNTABILITY!

Also Crack Heads seem to have no concience?

Dave_Chappelle_crackhead.jpg

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    we have had a few stands stolen in recent years at my family's property in northern WI, so its not just the south.

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    WIFM

All about What's In it For Me!

People nowadays feel everthing is owed them!

I cant afford a stand or an item so I'll steal theirs etc.

Make a few of these folks bullit catchers I bet all the BS would stop!

As mentioned earlier NO ACCOUNTABILITY!

Also Crack Heads seem to have no concience?

Dave_Chappelle_crackhead.jpg

You said it bro. "I can't afford this item and you can, so I'll steal it and your rich ass can go buy another one!"

smboudreaux

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Addis, La
    Should be a felony. The inbreeds that are doing this kind of thing have to know there is a possibility of encountering the owner who will be armed and pissed; they're either ignoring that or too stupid to understand. It's an indication of how mentally deficient the person is. Be careful out there.

we can all talk all this **** we want on here. i highly doubt anyone is going to shoot anyone over a $200 dollar camera.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I haven't been hunting long, but I think I belong to a pretty good camp. No big issues in the woods... I think the camp has had issues in the past.... Not from members, but people breaking into one of the cabins to steal.... well, we don't leave much to steal.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Where I come from, if its in the tree then leave enough space that guy can hunt..

well, I hear **** all the time about public lakes and duck blinds being hijacked the opening day after refurbing it all month before..

I cant stand a thief.. period.. and If I can say something to him without being shot at I will, but you also have to pick your battles..

shootinfool

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2010
    Interestingly enough....in Texas you actually CAN shoot to defend your property. I have a friend who had hunting property near Dallas who drove up on thieves stealing stuff from his shed. He unloaded on them with his pistol. One was shot, no one killed, but police cleared him, no charges, didnt even confiscate the gun.

In terms of concealed carry and general gun legislation the laws are MUCH clearer than here in LA. Though, I would assume if this happened in the woods on a lease or public land, you would have to be able to prove the property was, in fact, yours.

I'm not defending the choice to kill someone to save a $200 camera, but the point is the clarity of their laws and putting the true accountability where it belongs -- on the criminal. If someone is threatening you or your property, armed or otherwise, you have the right to defend yourself and your property with deadly force. That's not the case here in LA, and I think that's sad. I should be able to leave my property unattended, whether it's worth $5 or $50,000, without worrying about it being stolen.

Top Bottom