WOOHOO Go Herman Cain!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    DAMN! I love Cain but I honestly thought Romney was going to scoop it up! This straw poll, unlike many, is a serious predicter of the ultimate nominee due to the fact it's attended mostly by the maney bags and real political junkies of the GOP. I knew Cain was making a comeback but I never in my wildest dreams thought he'd pull this one off!!!!! Next paycheck going to be making another donation! CAIN 2012!

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Ya this was a MAJOR upset, he's been my favorite and I've been watching him pretty closely. But 37% of the vote and whipping Perry, Romney and Bachman (and almost Paul too!) COMBINED?! Totally blindsided me. I'm sending him another donation tonight, but I don't want to get too hopeful just yet lol.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I really don't like his 9-9-9 plan. I much prefer just a straight up consumption tax, but not at the insane rates that are being proposed. No reason the federal government couldn't operate off of a 5% consumption tax, it would just force them to cut out all the crap they don't have any business doing.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    I too would prefer a straight consumption tax, but I'll take anything over our current tax system.

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    He is gonna have a hard time communicating his message. His articulation is lacking for the world stage. He loses his words when it matters. That's a problem. I can surely appreciate his position and enthusiasm, but when it comes to brass tacks, he doesn't have enough knowledge on foreign affairs and won't be our new leader. We've already interviewed, been snowed by and hired an under-qualified candidate that, in the private sector, would be let go. Won't happen again. Herman, to his credit, has been the leader of something, but his communication skills leave him out of the running. Obama may leave the country as a leader, but the media will surely try to pick up the continued attempts at destruction in his absence. We will have to elect a serious public figure with a serious commitment to restoring our past status and freedoms while reversing the damage of the last few years. It boggles my mind when looking at history that we still don't have anyone that has learned the lessons of the Reagan era and could be that kind of dynamic leader today and stand for it ALL.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    He is gonna have a hard time communicating his message. His articulation is lacking for the world stage. He loses his words when it matters. That's a problem. I can surely appreciate his position and enthusiasm, but when it comes to brass tacks, he doesn't have enough knowledge on foreign affairs and won't be our new leader. We've already interviewed, been snowed by and hired an under-qualified candidate that, in the private sector, would be let go. Won't happen again. Herman, to his credit, has been the leader of something, but his communication skills leave him out of the running. Obama may leave the country as a leader, but the media will surely try to pick up the continued attempts at destruction in his absence. We will have to elect a serious public figure with a serious commitment to restoring our past status and freedoms while reversing the damage of the last few years. It boggles my mind when looking at history that we still don't have anyone that has learned the lessons of the Reagan era and could be that kind of dynamic leader today and stand for it ALL.

Who do you propose?

RCRAMIE

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I want to hear more on how future POTUS will not be able to increase taxes under his 9/9/9 plan. Also would like a in-depth look at his plan for the FED. Him being a chairman on Kansas city FED in the mid 90s. I also want to learn more about his foreign policy.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    I want to hear more on how future POTUS will not be able to increase taxes under his 9/9/9 plan. Also would like a in-depth look at his plan for the FED. Him being a chairman on Kansas city FED in the mid 90s. I also want to learn more about his foreign policy.

On your first question the 9 9 9 plan is just a temporary implementation to allow for an easier transition to the fair Tax (which I mostly like but disagree with the "pre-bates") Herman Cain does believe in the Fed but not as an instrument of economic manipulation. He, as did Reagan before him, believed the responsibility of the Fed is not to help the economy but rather to maintain a strong and stable dollar. Each of the Federal Reserve Banks have distinct personalities, some are conservative some are progressive. The Kansas City Fed is a conservative bank. On foreign policy he believes the politicians should stay out of making policy and rely on the Generals to make military decisions.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I would have supported Cain until he came up with the half baked 999 plan. Really, its just a bad idea to keep the income tax and add a consumption tax and corporate tax. Shows he doesn't get it either. Looks like Ron Paul and Gary Johnson would provide the best direction right now.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    I would have supported Cain until he came up with the half baked 999 plan. Really, its just a bad idea to keep the income tax and add a consumption tax and corporate tax. Shows he doesn't get it either. Looks like Ron Paul and Gary Johnson would provide the best direction right now.

999 is a transition to a straight consumption tax! Also, we already have a corporate tax and it's rate is 35%. Again I stress this is a transition plan that would take effect while he's in his first term.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Herman Cain, former Chairman and Member of the Board of Directors for the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, flippantly denies the need to Audit the Federal Reserve while hosting the Neil Boortz Radio Show on 12/29/10

http://www.dailypaul.com/153575/her...theres-no-reason-to-audit-the-federal-reserve

That did it for me.

"I don't know why people think we're going to learn to learn this great amount of information by auditing the federal reserve."
    I don't know why You would think we'd learn any more than we already do lol, it's not like the Fed is secret about what it does, they're pretty straightforward with what they do and what models they use. You just don't Agree with what they're doing. Well, neither do I, and neither does Cain. But it doesn't require an audit (that I'm aware of), it needs a restructuring.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    "I don't know why people think we're going to learn to learn this great amount of information by auditing the federal reserve."
    I don't know why You would think we'd learn any more than we already do lol, it's not like the Fed is secret about what it does, they're pretty straightforward with what they do and what models they use. You just don't Agree with what they're doing. Well, neither do I, and neither does Cain. But it doesn't require an audit (that I'm aware of), it needs a restructuring.

I had the same concern when I learned about him and the fed...and he did say that the fed reserve does not need an audit...he continued to say the fed needs reforming, restructuring..he was no fan of the operations of the federal reserve when he was in it from what I see

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom