WOOHOO Go Herman Cain!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I had the same concern when I learned about him and the fed...and he did say that the fed reserve does not need an audit...he continued to say the fed needs reforming, restructuring..he was no fan of the operations of the federal reserve when he was in it from what I see

Yeah, which makes me wonder why so many Ron Paul People attack him over this subject. Most of the other candidates haven't said a peep or gave some no content answer over the Fed. He believes in the Fed's responsibility to maintain a strong, Stable dollar. Many people only want to shut the Fed down because they don't understand its purpose, not because the want a fiat currency to be reflective of the market.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Yeah, which makes me wonder why so many Ron Paul People attack him over this subject. Most of the other candidates haven't said a peep or gave some no content answer over the Fed. He believes in the Fed's responsibility to maintain a strong, Stable dollar. Many people only want to shut the Fed down because they don't understand its purpose, not because the want a fiat currency to be reflective of the market.

^^^ right there ^^^

RCRAMIE

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I think American citizens and the US government has a right to know who received and benefit from the FED printing all the money. If there is nothing to find why fight the audit for so long.

The FED and the inflation it causes by printing money is a major issue

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    Creating a cconsumption tax without repealing the income tax is Half baked, no matter what phase two is.

we can't afford to freeze all corporate income taxes for any length of time thanks to obama to implement a consumption tax. So we are left with two option; have for the first three to six months of the newly implemented consumption tax have prices skyrocket on everything because you're having to cover the built in income tax plus the consumption tax or reduce the income tax and implement a small consumption tax then graudaully phase out the income tax and increase the consumption tax.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I can't go for any national retail sales tax without repeal of the 16th Amendment in the bag. No way I want Congress to have 2 cookie jars open simultaneously. That's begging disaster.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    I can't go for any national retail sales tax without repeal of the 16th Amendment in the bag. No way I want Congress to have 2 cookie jars open simultaneously. That's begging disaster.

its a role of the dice, but I don't see a viable option other than a flat tax.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    they could put them in the same bill..

No, because there is no system in place to handle it. Prices on all goods would Skyrocket overnight, all the withheld taxes paid for the year would be floating around in government land, a 2-3 Billion dollar industry (taxes) would be ended in one day, and all those people would be added to unemployment. Businesses couldn't get operating enough operating capital Fast enough to stay solvent. It would be pandemonium!

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I think American citizens and the US government has a right to know who received and benefit from the FED printing all the money. If there is nothing to find why fight the audit for so long.

The FED and the inflation it causes by printing money is a major issue

Ok agree but those numbers are available IIRC...it may take a trip to infowars or the like to find them but still don't think that requires an audut.

What we really want is an audit of the actions of the Fed...a good clean overview , transparency...like what POTUS promised he's do

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    No, because there is no system in place to handle it. Prices on all goods would Skyrocket overnight, all the withheld taxes paid for the year would be floating around in government land, a 2-3 Billion dollar industry (taxes) would be ended in one day, and all those people would be added to unemployment. Businesses couldn't get operating enough operating capital Fast enough to stay solvent. It would be pandemonium!

Take a look at fairtax.org

The American Institute of CPA's actually supports the fairtax. They believe that business and individuals would still retain their services for more productive pursuits like strategic planning, retirement planning, estate management, etc.

Of course there is a system in place to handle it. Internal Revenue.

Prices would temporarily increase until market forces quickly adjust.

Don't worry about business access to capital. With no income tax, investment capital would flow into the US from all over the world, at a staggering pace. You would see economic expansion at a a rate not seen since the Industrial Revolution.

The last point would, of course, be dependent on also Constitutionally pulling Congress' purse strings.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    The fair tax is a great idea, and I'm a supporter. But I needs to be phased in so businesses can plan ahead. If you just change the rules on them not many small businesses would be able to handle it. Especially not in this economy. Also it doesn't really have a chance to pass the senate. The 9-9-9 plan does. It's a serious contender for a fair, easy tax system.

mikepizz

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR # 308
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Maurepas, LA
    I'd be for a flat tax but it needs to apply to everyone. 10% of what you make, no deductions. You make $1000 a year, you pay $100. You make 1,000,000 you pay $100,000. For a tax system to work, everyone must have skin in the game. If not, you get what you have now, PEOPLE VOTING FOR A LIVING.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I don't know what you think is going to be so difficult about transition. You have much more faith in the government than I do if you support a consumption and income tax at the same time.

J

jayd

Hadn't watched the debates or paid attention to Cain until the Fla poll
    I just spent about an hour watching vids....
    You guys should too

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    I will put $1000 on NOTHING changing if Cain gets elected. (not that he will)

Ok, $1.00. He will probably add more TSA security 'grop you little kid' checkpoints.

Last edited:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I will put $1000 on NOTHING changing whoever gets elected. (not that he will)

Ok, $1.00. He will probably add more TSA security 'grop you little kid' checkpoints.

Fixed it for you. Ima get you a copy of my favorite bumper sticker.

"I feel much better, since I lost all hope." :D

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom