WOOHOO Go Herman Cain!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Ok, first I'd like to apologize for the name calling. I lost my temper and was out of line. It just gets old being labeled a lazy bum for being out of a job. I've considered relocating a LOT, but it isn't happening anytime soon. Firstly, because Mom refuses to leave. Secondly, I don't have the money to move because I can't keep a job. I've had seven jobs since I moved out on my own in 2002. Three of those I lost due to my employer going out of business. Two were temp jobs. The last two I've been fired from as a way for my employers to cut expenses while avoiding paying into unemployment. I've looked at all the education offered here. Pretty much everything offered here is geared toward people leaving the area for jobs elsewhere. The rest, honestly, doesn't pay well enough here to justify the cost of the training. A prime example is HVAC training. It would take me several years and several thousand dollars (that I don't have) to get certified. Once I did, no one here will hire anyone without a MINIMUM of 3 years experience, and then they only pay $.75/hr above minimum wage. The last job I saw for a mechanic was 30 miles away; they want an experienced, ASE certified mechanic but won't pay more than $8/hr. That's not worth spending $5k in tuition plus other costs.

As far as my field, it's pretty much any retail you can imagine. I've sold everything from groceries to office supplies to tires. I've got experience working on tires from a dolly to a tractor tire taller than me. I've got years of experience in the oil change industry. All of this counts for about zilch due to the way business is done in this town. It's the ******* buddy system here. Once you've pissed off the owner of one tire or lube shop by leaving for another job, you'll never get work in another one. They all seem to know each other and are thick as thieves.

So what you're saying is you dong actually have any training or "skills". I'm not demeaning you either, just pushing you to be honest (when I got out of the army in 08 I had ZERO applicable skills in the middle of an economic collapse, so i know how you feel) with yourself. You have retail experience. You are Not a sales expert with a marketing degree.
    You have no piece of paper qualifying you for anything important, you rely on word of mouth recommendations and as you yourself pointed out, it's the ******* buddy system.

Well, you're the ******* (in their minds), and you have no buddies (except us)

Bottom line: you need SOME kind of piece of paper certifying you in Something. do some research, pick one (8 month program, 2 year Ass. Degree, Bachelors, w/e.), then get back to us. There are grants, loans, and yes, food stamps, to make sure you get fed while you're "retooling" for the current economy.
    I for one would be proud my tax dollars are supporting a man bettering himself through hard work instead of the alternative.

Ok, your mom doesn't want to move. Would you rather starve? Load her butt up in the truck and You Go Find Work. That's what her generation did, old parents or not.

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    So what you're saying is you dong actually have any training or "skills". I'm not demeaning you either, just pushing you to be honest (when I got out of the army in 08 I had ZERO applicable skills in the middle of an economic collapse, so i know how you feel) with yourself. You have retail experience. You are Not a sales expert with a marketing degree.
    You have no piece of paper qualifying you for anything important, you rely on word of mouth recommendations and as you yourself pointed out, it's the ******* buddy system.

Bottom line: you need SOME kind of piece of paper certifying you in Something. do some research, pick one (8 month program, 2 year Ass. Degree, Bachelors, w/e.), then get back to us. There are grants, loans, and yes, food stamps, to make sure you get fed while you're "retooling" for the current economy.
    I for one would be proud my tax dollars are supporting a man bettering himself through hard work instead of the alternative.

Ok, your mom doesn't want to move. Would you rather starve? Load her butt up in the truck and You Go Find Work. That's what her generation did, old parents or not.

Right, an incompetent moron with a piece of paper and no experience is SO much more valuable an employee than someone who has years of experience changing tractor tires with a hammer and crowbar... And as far as "loading her butt up in the truck", that's called kidnapping.

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA

I sincerely hope you just skimmed what I wrote, I'd hate to think that your reading comprehension is that poor.

stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    OK, I get the picture here, you are pissed off and can't find a decent job.
    #1 a change of attitude wouldn't hurt you any.
    #2 the piece of paper shows the employer that the person can learn and is trying to achieve a goal.
    #3 what is your plan? What are you going to do about your situation, leave it like it is or change it?
    #4 your personal welfare is your business no one elses. You are reponsible for your successes or failures. There is nothing any of us can really do to help other than offer advice.
    I do not know what your interest are but you may want to try and find if your area has a chapter of Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC)
    They may offer classes and/or know of someone that needs employee and is willing to pay for their classes. You would end up with hands on and class room training both.

Lastly, keep your ******* remarks out of this, I am just trying to help.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Like my dad use to say, "wish in one hand and $hit in the other and see which one weighs more". I'm 38 and have had a steady income since I was 14. I don't see what the problem is. When a day job dried up I moved on and either got another one or used my talents (music, guns, etc) to pay the bills. I've never been without an income. Might not have been exactly what I wanted when I wanted it or as much as i wanted but all my bills are paid, three vehicles paid off, three kids dressed and fed, a fridge full of food and own my own home. Its called being an adult and life owes you nothing.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Ok, first I'd like to apologize for the name calling. I lost my temper and was out of line. It just gets old being labeled a lazy bum for being out of a job. I've considered relocating a LOT, but it isn't happening anytime soon. Firstly, because Mom refuses to leave. Secondly, I don't have the money to move because I can't keep a job. I've had seven jobs since I moved out on my own in 2002. Three of those I lost due to my employer going out of business. Two were temp jobs. The last two I've been fired from as a way for my employers to cut expenses while avoiding paying into unemployment. I've looked at all the education offered here. Pretty much everything offered here is geared toward people leaving the area for jobs elsewhere. The rest, honestly, doesn't pay well enough here to justify the cost of the training. A prime example is HVAC training. It would take me several years and several thousand dollars (that I don't have) to get certified. Once I did, no one here will hire anyone without a MINIMUM of 3 years experience, and then they only pay $.75/hr above minimum wage. The last job I saw for a mechanic was 30 miles away; they want an experienced, ASE certified mechanic but won't pay more than $8/hr. That's not worth spending $5k in tuition plus other costs.

As far as my field, it's pretty much any retail you can imagine. I've sold everything from groceries to office supplies to tires. I've got experience working on tires from a dolly to a tractor tire taller than me. I've got years of experience in the oil change industry. All of this counts for about zilch due to the way business is done in this town. It's the ******* buddy system here. Once you've pissed off the owner of one tire or lube shop by leaving for another job, you'll never get work in another one. They all seem to know each other and are thick as thieves.

People from other places don't believe me when I tell them about the low wages here. But employers here can afford to be super picky, since there's often literally a 3 foot stack of applications for each job.

My bullsheet detector just went crazy.

Seven jobs lost in nine years, and by your account, no cause is attributable to you.
    First, you were not fired to avoid unemployment claims. Claims are only denied if you were terminated FOR CAUSE. What did you do?
    Second, you say you can't get work in "your field of experience" because you have been blacklisted by "******* buddies" for leaving for another job. But, by your words you haven't left for another job in at least nine years. You are actually asking us to buy into the fact that they even remember who you are after nine years. Or care.
    Thirdly, it is more likely that you can't find work because you are a bullshitter with no talent for bullshitting. I caught you in one post.

There is a place for you on Wall Street. Camping out, that is.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Herman Cain sat on the board of one of the Federal Reserve banks. That makes it highly unlikely that he'd do what needs to be done: dismantle the Fed Reserve System.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Like my dad use to say, "wish in one hand and $hit in the other and see which one weighs more". I'm 38 and have had a steady income since I was 14. I don't see what the problem is. When a day job dried up I moved on and either got another one or used my talents (music, guns, etc) to pay the bills. I've never been without an income. Might not have been exactly what I wanted when I wanted it or as much as i wanted but all my bills are paid, three vehicles paid off, three kids dressed and fed, a fridge full of food and own my own home. Its called being an adult and life owes you nothing.

Life does owe you something...

A CHALLENGE!

We will all get more than we want at times.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA

Gr8 advice!

RCRAMIE

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Lake Charles
    It Is your fault you can't find a job. Life sucks and times are hard, but if you take responsibility for your life (more training, cross training, better self marketing) you will find one. There are tens of thousands skilled labor openings with no one to fill them.

You can blame politicians for making it harder to find work, but unless you're an incandescent lightbulb maker, the .gov didn't lay you off; and the .gov isn't going to help hire you back on.

The Hermanator understands this. He's not a politician, never been one, and he says some blunt things that might **** you off. CEO's are like that. But if you want to find work more easily, and Keep that job, I suggest getting on the Cain Train.

Are you suggesting that the governments interference into the free market with more regulations and taxes didn't help creat this job market right now? I think somebody looking for a job right now has every right to be mad at the government and what they been doing to our economy.

Also have you read any independent views on his 9-9-9 plan here is one

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Electi...ong-overdue-tax-reform-or-job-killer/(page)/2

The part that bother me. Individual making $20,000 per year tax goes from 12.8 to 17%. $55,000 goes from 16.9 to 17.9%. Here is the best part $300,000 goes from 27.97% to 16.3%.

I hate the idea of a national sales tax, I don't trust my government with new taxes to raise.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It Is your fault you can't find a job...

You can blame politicians for making it harder to find work, but unless you're an incandescent lightbulb maker, the .gov didn't lay you off; and the .gov isn't going to help hire you back on.

The Hermanator understands this... But if you want to find work more easily, and Keep that job, I suggest getting on the Cain Train.

I disagree strongly. Explain then the following:

The Federal Reserve System
    The United Nation Organization
    CAFTA
    NAFTA
    FTAA
    NAU
    WTO
    HUGE War Machine
    Oppressive Taxation

These are things ".GOV" has done against the will of a large percentage of the people.

NONE of the above have assisted Americans obtain meaningful work. ALL have assisted in bringing this once proud Republic to it's knees. And we're experiencing this at a now accelerated rate. Yeah, we can point to our fellow man and blame him but YOUR day is coming, too. Then what? Whose fault will it be then? Will some still blindly support ".Gov" then? I think those who happen to be at the right place and time will continue to do so or at least not acknowledge any of the above. But that's the way of Mankind...

Google "Herman Cain and Federal Reserve Bank". He's NOT what he's being made out to be. But don't let me stop you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    The problem with these "Fair Tax" proposals is that the system would be so vulnerable to manipulation by future politicians.

Go back and read what assurances were being made when the government was working on the constitutional amendment allowing the creation of the federal income tax.

The PROBLEM is incumbency in federal elective offices. And, civil service protections for "staffers", a plague of bureaucrats.

leVieux

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    The problem with these "Fair Tax" proposals is that the system would be so vulnerable to manipulation by future politicians.

Go back and read what assurances were being made when the government was working on the constitutional amendment allowing the creation of the federal income tax.

The PROBLEM is incumbency in federal elective offices. And, civil service protections for "staffers", a plague of bureaucrats.

leVieux

I actually like the idea of the fair tax with a couple of changes. Here is how I would roughly word a constitutional amendment:

"a) The federal government shall not impose any form taxation or fee on any corporation(s), any individual, or any group. The only taxation that shall be allowed shall be a consumption tax that is equally applied so that no item, except as specifically exempted by this amendment, is taxed at a higher level than any other item.
    b) All corporations shall be exempt from this taxation.
    c) All utilities including those fuels used to power motor vehicles, medical supplies, medical services, all foods and beverages, all gold, all silver, and all platinum shall not be taxed.
    d) Congress may lower the tax rate on all taxable items with the consent of a majority vote of both houses of congress but shall require a two-thirds vote of both houses of congress to raise the tax.
    e) The tax shall never exceed a rate of 18% of the total cost of purchasing an item."

Last edited:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The PROPER tax is as defined in our Founding documents. I want no other system than what we're supposed to have: A TAX BASED ON THE PERCENTAGE OF THE POPULATION OF THE USA. TARIFFS PAY FOR THE FEDERAL GOV'T. THE REVENUE THAT EACH STATE REQUIRES FOR IT'S PUBLIC SERVICES IS UP TO THE PEOPLES OF THAT STATE.

Herman Cain is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Little more and little less.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    The PROPER tax is as defined in our Founding documents. I want no other system than what we're supposed to have: A TAX BASED ON THE PERCENTAGE OF THE POPULATION OF THE USA. TARIFFS PAY FOR THE FEDERAL GOV'T. THE REVENUE THAT EACH STATE REQUIRES FOR IT'S PUBLIC SERVICES IS UP TO THE PEOPLES OF THAT STATE.

Herman Cain is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Little more and little less.

??? The 16th amendment changed that. A natinal consumption tax is something that would cause everyone to have skin in the game and is by no means a bad thing. Cain may not be a George Washington (or is he?), but I certasinly don't believe he is one of the progressives who is out to destroy liberty and unite us under a one world governance. He spent YEARS as a talk radio host where he was free to spew wahtever he pleased without regard to how people would judge him and he spoke in terms of American exceptionalism and often times promoted libertarian ideas (one of his staunchest backers was Neal Boortz, a natioanlly syndicated libertarian host).

Top Bottom