Wooten's HB9 - 21 years added to reciprocity requirement

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Proposed change:

LA will only honor CHP permits issued by other states if the person is 21 years old or more.

Current law allows for any age with a valid state permit (who has reciprocity with LA) to be legal here, even though we don't issue to under 21 persons.

Question:

Will this make us lose reciprocity with any other states?

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Don't think too much on this one. It has been superceded by a later bill. The point is "resident" of state where permit was issued.

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    There are a ton of bills affecting concealed carry.

HB68 extends the license from 4 to 5 years. It also allows for carry in church.

Is that one superceded?

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've got this great idea, and it's stupidly simple. After 18yrs all privileges of a normal adult are given. We shouldn't have CHP requirements, but if we "must" have them, they should allow CC anywhere and everywhere unless restricted on private property by the owner. Problem solved.

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've got this great idea, and it's stupidly simple. After 18yrs all privileges of a normal adult are given. We shouldn't have CHP requirements, but if we "must" have them, they should allow CC anywhere and everywhere unless restricted on private property by the owner. Problem solved.

Glad you were able to clear that up for everyone. We'll get right on to fixing that.

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    If 18 year olds can't drink, buy handguns, and aren't deemed responsible to get a permit......

Why do they vote and get sent into an enemy battlefield with advanced weaponry?

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If 18 year olds can't drink, buy handguns, and aren't deemed responsible to get a permit......

Why do they vote and get sent into an enemy battlefield with advanced weaponry?

That's my point. They're young adults who can vote and die in war. It makes no sense that drinking, buying handguns, and CCing are restricted.
    Heck, once upon at time, 16yos were considered adults. George Washington was a surveyor at 16.

Last edited:

Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    More importantly, why do we trust 16 year olds to get behind the wheel of two tons of metal capable of traveling at speeds up to and exceeding 120MPH.

I imagine more people are killed by teenage drivers every year than are killed by teenagers with guns.

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    More importantly, why do we trust 16 year olds to get behind the wheel of two tons of metal capable of traveling at speeds up to and exceeding 120MPH.

I imagine more people are killed by teenage drivers every year than are killed by teenagers with guns.

Yea but then you would just have a lot of wrecks caused by 18 year old or by whatever age you move the limit to. Although some of that is because of kids being immature I know from personal experience that at my high school most wrecks were caused by inexperince and not street racing, burn outs, etc..

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Drinking, firearms, etc. (not voting), I think, could all be lowered to 16 if personal responsibility were a principle held in higher regard by parents. We'd see much fewer accidental deaths, "unexpected" pregnancies, etc. if parents taught responsibility rather than leaving their kids to learn it on the fly.

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Drinking, firearms, etc. (not voting), I think, could all be lowered to 16 if personal responsibility were a principle held in higher regard by parents. We'd see much fewer accidental deaths, "unexpected" pregnancies, etc. if parents taught responsibility rather than leaving their kids to learn it on the fly.

I think we're experiencing the results of divorce nation.

Bad kids tend to come from families with no dad or a very poor family. Often families are poor because it's a single mom.

The african american population in particular is struggling with this breakdown of the familial unit.

Top Bottom