Workoput plans

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    I am hoping that I can get someone to post a workout plan, 4 (or 5) days a week monday -friday/

goals, build muscle mass, burn fat, get that six-pack back....and I don't mean a six-pack of bud light.

me and a buddy have been hitting up the gym 3-4 times a week for a couple of weeks, but I do not see his plan as actually being very effective.....it is just something he just kinda through together. But I do plan on keeping the 20 or minutes of running we start every day doing.....including that annoying 2 mile bike ride to the gym every day....stupid hills we have in north Louisiana killin my knees....

Been working on the diet, primary things in the diet right now are, bananas, apples, blue berries, strawberries, chicken breast, tilapia filets, wheat bread, turkey or ham sandwich meat, milk, juice, 1/2-1 gallon of water a day, protein shake (which is where I normally mix in the milk, banana, strawberries, and blueberries) tuna, and eggs. (No, I do not eat all of that every day, that is just what is normally on my shopping lists, about a weeks worth of food).......

any tips on the diet are fine too

thanks

JD

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    Cajun Work Out Plan

#1 Avoid Gym at all cost!
    #2 Cracklins, Boudin, Hog Head Cheese diet suggested
    #3 Eat an Avacado everyday if your concience is bothering you about #2
    #4 Avoid work if possible (Work and Stress related activities are harmful!)
    #5 Life is to be enjoyed not simply endured!!! Have not seen where exercise has ever been enjoyed i.e. why your friends plan does not work lol!

Hope this helps!!!!

4503.jpg
    cracklins.jpg

Last edited:

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    damn...new Iwas doing SOMETHING wrong.

ok, question..

incrementing weights between sets? Yea or Nea? (I mean, say I am doing 3 sets of dumbell curls....do I do a set of 30, then 35, then 40 (8 reps each) or do I try to do 3 sets at 35 for example? Or shoudl I go the other way, 40, 35, then 30? or what?)

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I am hoping that I can get someone to post a workout plan, 4 (or 5) days a week monday -friday/

goals, build muscle mass, burn fat, get that six-pack back....and I don't mean a six-pack of bud light.

me and a buddy have been hitting up the gym 3-4 times a week for a couple of weeks, but I do not see his plan as actually being very effective.....it is just something he just kinda through together. But I do plan on keeping the 20 or minutes of running we start every day doing.....including that annoying 2 mile bike ride to the gym every day....stupid hills we have in north Louisiana killin my knees....

Been working on the diet, primary things in the diet right now are, bananas, apples, blue berries, strawberries, chicken breast, tilapia filets, wheat bread, turkey or ham sandwich meat, milk, juice, 1/2-1 gallon of water a day, protein shake (which is where I normally mix in the milk, banana, strawberries, and blueberries) tuna, and eggs. (No, I do not eat all of that every day, that is just what is normally on my shopping lists, about a weeks worth of food).......

any tips on the diet are fine too

thanks

JD
    Drop all white foodstuffs (rice, bread, sugar); NO ARTIFICIAL SUGARS, NO CANNED GOODS, eat lean cuts of meat (grilled chicken & turkey breast) and fish (flounder, tilapia, occasional salmon); eat lots of DARK green leafy vegetables - preferably raw (spinach salad with grilled chicken breast, for example); if not allergic eat lots of raw walnuts & cashews as snacks (carrots are goo, too).

Breakfast: two eggs, turkey bacon, oatmeal
    Snack: walnuts, almonds, cashews, carrots
    Lunch: dark green salad with lean meat (chicken, turkey or lean beef is okay, too)
    Dinner: lean meat and vegetables

It's probably best to minimize if not eliminate breads (my weakness) and rice though whole grain brown rice is good for you.

A high quality protein mix (containing casein, albumin and whey) supplement WITH your breakfast; an hour prior to working out and within 30 min upon completion of your workout.

Branched Chain Amino Acids (muscle building blocks) with the protein prior to and after work out.

WORKOUT - depends on you; I have found High Intensity Interval Training or Cross Training to be best. Check out Men's Health magazine as well as books they've published; all of them are good.

To burn fat & simultaneously gain muscle you must "train fast". By that I mean explosive movements with large complex muscle groups. Sprint Drills, Olympic Lifts are awesome. Using your glutes and legs (the largest muscles) will help you burn fat: burn them.

I know it's generic and not in depth but you'll have to consider your past history (retired athlete? competitive weekend athlete? never played anything?) and your current condition and health.

Hope this helps.

P.S.

P90X *might* help you if you can keep up. But do what you can; take breaks as needed. Progress will come.

OveractiveBrain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    So, there is no short answer to this question.

Be prepared to read alot, this is going to be a long one. Also, because this really isnt the forum for this discussion, it may behoove you to head to some physical fitness forums.

Some Definitions. A workout year is divided into multiple (between 6-10) macrocycles. Each Macrocycle is 6 to 10 weeks long, and has a specific objective, generally broken down into weight loss, cardio training, and muscle building. You obviously train everything at once, but in order to maintain muscle confusion, you need to bulk up one macrocycle, then shred access weight in the next. Weight Loss focuses on peeling off the fat, and, unfortunately, some of the muscle tacked on by the muscle building macrocycle. It centers around a low calorie diet, moderate cardio exercise and high repetition weight sets. Muscle Building is where you eat a **** ton of calories, way more than you need. Take in 100-200 grams of protein a day, 2000-3000 calories a day, and be in the gym, pumping iron until you are pumped. This hurts. This grows. You get muscle and you get a little extra weight. Cardio is designed to improve endurance, focusing on long runs, wind sprints, and P90X maker's "Insanity" program. While any macrocycle could theoretically blend the three, if you are going for specific goals, and want to maintain muscle confusion, you gotta mix it up.

Macrocycles are made up of microcycles, generally 1 week. Each week has a plan. Each week in a given macrocycle is the same. The weight may go up, but the workout you do stays the same. This allows you to track progress and increase weight from week to week.

A superset is any number of exercises strung together without a break. For example, in the "Five by Five" workout, you would do 5reps of bench then 5 reps of pull ups then rest.

Five by Five Workout. This workout is designed for a developed athlete to balance the time between jobs, school, children, and fitness. It takes about 45 minutes to an hour to complete. It has low yields in terms of gains, but you can definitely grow with it.
    Monday (Upper Body) - 5x5 Flat Bench Press, Lat Pull Up SuperSet
    - 3x10 Bicep Curl, Tricep Extension superser
    - 3x10 Military Press
    Tuesday (Cardio) - Do something, treadmill, eliptical, run, insanity
    Wednesday (Lower Body) - 5x5 Squat
    5x5 Deadlift
    5x5 Power Clean
    Thursday (Repeat Upper)
    Friday (Repeat Cardio)
    Saturday (Repeat Lower Body)
    Sunday (Rest)

Find the weight you can complete 5x5 at. Add 5 lbs (2.5 each side) every time you can complete a 5x5.

P90X Tough when you are just starting out. ideal for someone who was an athlete / marine who is 5 years out and has gotten lazy. This will prepare you for insanity.
    Monday - Chest and Back
    Tuesday - Cardio
    Wednesday - Arms
    Thursday - Yoga
    Friday - Legs and Back
    Saturday - Cardio
    Sunday - Rest

Pyramid Megatime muscle increase workout. Establish one rep maxes for every workout. Week 1 begins at 50% your one rep max, increase weight per set by 5%. Each week, increase the starting weight by 5%. Week 1 start at 50%, Week 2 start at 55%, Week 3 start at 60%, Week 4 start at 65%, Week 5 start at 65%, Week 6 start a 65%, Week 7 rest, Week 8 one rep maxes again.

Format: (Set:Reps), remember that each set increases by 5%
    1:12 2:10 3:10 4:8 5:6

Exercise 1
    Mon (Chest Shoulder)
    Exercise 1: Flat Press super set Military Press (5 sets)
    Exercise 2: Flat Dumbell Flies superset Lateral Raises (4 sets)
    Exercise 3: Incline Bench superset Front Raises (3 sets)
    Exercise 4: Decline Bench superset Shrugs (3 sets)
    Tuesday rest or light cardio
    Wednesday (Arms)
    Exercise 1: Bicep Curl superset Overhead Extension (5 sets)
    Exercise 2: Crucifiction Curl superset Tricep Pulldown (3 sets)
    Exercise 3: Barbell Curl superset Nosebusters
    Thursday rest or light cardio
    Friday (Back and Legs)
    Exercise 1: Squat superset Lat Pull Up (5 sets)
    Exercise 2: Extensions superset Seated Row (4 sets)
    Exercise 3: Hammer Curls superset Chainsaws (3 sets)
    Exercise 4: Calf Raise superset Rotator Cuff, low weight (3 sets)
    Sat and Sun Rest

Hypertrophy. This was a controversial workout routine that had a paper written about it. The guys said it worked fantabulously. I tried it out, without any different results than any other macrocycle. It focuses on using a low weight and a spotter. The goal is to induce failure by using resistance. The normal cadence of a lift (for most people, especially the untrained is "down-up-down-up-down-up-GRUNT-down-up." The point being, no timing. Hypertrophy training is starting at full contraction (arms locked, weight above your face in a flat bench), then allow the weight to slowly come down over four seconds. Four seconds takes a LONG time. Leave the weight hovering, but not touching over your chest for a count of 2, then explode the weight back to start. I tried this when my one rep max was 185. I was doing 90 lbs, and not able to finish a set of 10. My one rep max now is 275. You can apply this to whatever muscle group you are working out. Usually, you do one superset exercise per day (Flat Chest + Lat Pull Up; Bicep Curl + Tricep Extension; Squat).

Football Workout. This is nasty. http://www.mccd.edu/athletics/mens/football/workout.html

Insanity Worth the money. No gym membership, no equipment, but an ass load of sweat. Do not attempt this until you have completed P90X or you consider yourself a well trained athlete. You will hurt yourself if not prepared. http://www.beachbody.com/product/fi...13253:TCQcNgqoEEMAABxRDIEAAcFD:20100625030214

Last edited:

OveractiveBrain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    In answer to your question about inc or dec weights... it doesnt matter.

The goal is not to go through the motions (I did 3 sets of 10 curls with increasing weights today!) but rather to get the pump. If you are sore the next day, but able to go about daily routines, youve done it right.

There were a bunch of studies that were done at the end of the 90s (which I cannot locate right now) on college kids, that basically said unless you are a professional athlete or a body builder, the mechanism, vehicle, repitoire, or supplement you use is irrelevant. Be sure to pick something, stick with it, and warm up/stretch/both. Dont get injured, but do get creative.

If you are looking to be HUGE get on roids (dont actually), or stick to a real body builders schedule, the likes of which you are unlikely to find here.

Top Bottom