would you????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    Thanks Sraiford!! I can hear the satellites linking up in space now. I wonder how long before the secret service plants moles into the online membership... :)

LOL!!

Last edited:

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    aluminum_foil.jpg

A gun that killed a person is one thing, one that was inside someone's mouth or pressed to their temple and left to sit there is totally different.

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    I wonder how long before the secret service plants moles into the online membership... :)

LOL!!

The name of the forum is "BayouShooter". What makes you think any of the Gov't alphabet soup agencies aren't already here.:peep:

Besides, I won't do anything to cause him arm. I was just inferring that he might do what another powerful leader did back in 1945.

Louisiana68

Conservative
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    N/A
    You talking about military weapons??????

If so probably everything that we got that is a military surplus has the potential of heaving a few names on it.

If you talking about a modern handgun, mostlikely if it killed somebody it will be at the crime lab or its on the list of "wanted" so probably I dont want to own it :).

As mentioned before there are 3 factors required for a gun to be deadly.

1)weapon
    2)ammo
    3)human

Once you remove any of those factors its technically imposible for a death to ocurr.

If you take out ammo, you still have a deadly weapon in your heads. You could beat someone to death with your gun, or stab them (considering the fact if you have a bayonet or not).

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Yes, I bought a Browning Hipower that a guy committed suicide with. I bought if from his wife, it still had blood in the barrel, and the front sight was nicked where it fell on the concrete after he shot himself. Paid $150 for it and sold it later for $500.

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    I don't see why there is a belief among some that if a gun has killed someone it has some kind of "Bad mojo" to it or something. The way I see it, if you are going to be irrational and superstitious, look at it this way: If it killed someone, then more than likely the person using it won that gun fight. If anything, a gun that killed its target is good luck!

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Yep. No problem. Except maybe the family suicide- well, actually I had a cousin that commited suicide w/ a shotgun. I wouldn't even mind having that shotgun in my collection.
    I pistol with a history would be cool. Make a frame for it, copy of the news account, the empty mag, etc.
    Actually, there are guns like this all over the WWII museum.

Poopshooter

Join the Resistance
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Walker town USA
    I own 3 for sure that have killed people, maybe 4. Im not sure if my uncle shot anyone in nam or if he was just really high the whole time. He didnt talk much about it while he was alive, but he did give my dad his M16 before he died.

BobKaro

Yellow Boxes? Sweet!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Youngsville, LA
    Yeah, I've got one. Granddad's WWII bring back.

Pretty much agree that a family suicide would probably be the only one I wouldn't own.

It's just pieces of metal and wood. (Plastic guns may not be owned for reasons completely seperate from this thread. :D:D)

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    If I were to shoot myself, I'd want my family to keep the gun.

I would write in my suicide note that I would use the gun as some kind of spiritual conduit, and so if they ever had to use it to defend themselves my vengeful ghost would guide the bullets!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    You guys are crazy! Haven't you ever seen "The Dead Man's Gun"????? :run::run::run:

:rofl: Sure I would. Especially if it's something I really want!

Why? You got any? :D

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    It's just pieces of metal and wood. (Plastic guns may not be owned for reasons completely seperate from this thread. :D:D)

polymer, formerly known as plastic, will not absorb negative spiritual ju-ju the same way naturally-occurring-in-nature materials can, therefore they can safely be excluded from the discussion. :D

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    I own a Garand manufactured in '45, so it may have been to Korea and back, I don't know how to find that out for sure.

I know a guy who knows a guy who works in a parish crime lab and occasionally has suicide guns that the family doesn't want back and gives/sells/releases to him which he then sells to the guy he knows that I know. I know "a guy" who bought one at a good price but wouldn't dream of telling his wife the origins because she watches those shows like "A Haunting" and would probably freak out knowing it was in their house. That "guy" told me that he just said an honest, earnest prayer for the tortured soul who lost his way, and his remaining family, and then cleaned it up real good to remove the small traces of blood (the crime lab isn't responsible for any detailed cleaning).

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Are you crazy? No way. It's already killed once. No way I would trust it not to be trying to kill me. I'd be laying there sleeping and it's on the bedside table planning on ways to take me out. Once it goes bad there's no going back. You must put it down. Send it to me and I'll put it to sleep in a humane way and dispose of the corpse for you.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Would I own a previously used firearm? Yep.

Do I own a firearm that has blood on it? Yep.

And not what you'd think either. It's a Rem 700 in 7mm rem mag!

I purchased it from a former LEO who was able to "purchase" it out of the evidence locker years ago & years after the incident. Story supposedly went down like this. Some guy gets in an altercation with another person. He drives someplace, purchases the rifle and goes back and shoots the guy. end of story.

Doesn't bother me in any way.

After all..... :D Guns don't kill people....

McMedic

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 30, 2006
    Pollock, La.
    Look at it like this.

Would you date or marry a woman that wasn't a virgin?

Think of the weapon as having it's cherry popped. Just not by you.

Top Bottom