WTB: 1911 *discussion*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G

gunguy11

So this will be my very first 1911...
    I am looking for a 9mm. Open to any and all sizes...
    I would like the 9mm; all of my calibers are together... 2-9mm handguns. 1-9mm carbine. All rifle .308 etc.
    But if you have a .45 and the price is right I would probably get it anyway only because I have caught the bug lol.
    Thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:
    G

gunguy11

Lol I know man I know... But it isn't really about the the defense thing... I carry an polymer for that. Buy like I said if a good looming guns comes along working my means I wil still buy it and spend $18.50 for a box of rounds :(.
    This is more like a range piece. But I don't know much about the 1911 world... Don't they have them in a double stack?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    para ordanance has a double stack. I owned there LDA version but got rid of it cause I like the original design better.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    I own two Para double stack 1911's. Love them both. Full size PXT 14-45 is a Government size that holds 14+1, and Tac-Four is a Commander sized stainless with Para's LDA (Light Double Action) trigger and hiolds 13+1. Both have been excellent, and I have had no issues with either.
    I would also counsel against a 9mm 1911. There are a myriad of 9mm pistols out there, in polymer and in steel, but JMB's meisterwerk was meant to carry big fat .45 ACP persuaders. Any of the well known manufacturers make high quality 1911's that you will probably be very happy with. Kimber, Colt, Smith and Wesson, Para USA, STI, Springfield Armory are a few names to consider. Recently, Philippine made 1911's have flooded the market, from Rock Island, Armscor, Citadel...I have no personal experience with these but have read many accounts that they are a decently made product, most selling for around $500 or so, so that might make a good entry level 1911 for you, to determine if you like the platform

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    I guess i could share a pistol I fondled very recently...

Dave's Guns (quit with the groans already!!) here in Lafayette has a cool or interesting gun for sale. I want to say the price was $650.

It's a 1911 with a double stack mag. The package includes barrels for 9mm AND 22TCM. Magazines are the same. 22TCM is just a 9mm case necked down to 22. They advertise 2,000fps with a 40grain 22cal bullet out of a 5" barrel.

Good looking gun honestly. I almost bought it, but I don't want a 9mm that's identical to all my 45s.

Here's a link to the RIA spec sheet---- http://armscorusa.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=14

Last edited:
    G

gunguy11

Well this has been an abundance of information and I appreciate it all!! I still have mixed feelings about obtaining another caliber with already having so many rounds for the 9mm. With all my firearms my 3 calibers are only 9mm,.223,.308.
    I also liked the 9mm STI that kcinnick just got. I will prolly buy whatever comes buy first....
    Now thanks for the info anyone have a 1911 they wanna sell :) lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

buddy_fuentes

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Maurepas, LA (Diversion Canal)
    I have several, a Kimber 9mm that is very accurate and reliable, too. Information for the uninformed, they come with nine round mags and tens are available, too. Fact is, if you can't hit them with the first eight or nine rounds when the fight starts, you are not likely to hit them with eight or nine more rounds as the fight progresses and they are shooting back and not sitting still for you to shoot. Also for the uninformed, I'm a retired policeman and worked homicide for ten years and I've seen more people killed with a .22 and a 9mm than anything else. So if someone likes the "9" there is no factual reason not to buy one.

By the way, I have a good many 1911's / 2011's in nine, forty, and forty-five and I carry a nine. Easy to shoot and lighter to carry. Try it and see for yourself...you may just like it.

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?77836-Turkish-made-1911-A1-350

I'll refrain from commenting that a 1911 in 9mm is a waste of a gun. WTF are you gonna do with eight 9mm rounds besides **** something off? ;)

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    9mm out of a 1911 is pure fun, and mine holds 10+1. It is not a defense gun, but it is fun to shoot. I am setting up a .45 in the same configuration from Brazos.

G

gunguy11

Yea I mean I like the 9mm. I have some reloads I made when I was doing it. Nice ammo. Next to none recoil groups were tight and I'm sure I can do my part.
    Would really like to get a 9mm 1911 if anyone knows where one is... Not really looking to spend over $600 used though. If I was I would be all on the ranger :) lol.
    Ultra compact or full size I don't reall care. And as stated ifthe price is right on the gun I will get a .45.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Yea I mean I like the 9mm. I have some reloads I made when I was doing it. Nice ammo. Next to none recoil groups were tight and I'm sure I can do my part.
    Would really like to get a 9mm 1911 if anyone knows where one is... Not really looking to spend over $600 used though. If I was I would be all on the ranger :) lol.
    Ultra compact or full size I don't reall care. And as stated ifthe price is right on the gun I will get a .45.

Buds gunshop has a RIA in 9mm for cheap. The .45s I've shot have been fine guns.

GI Configuration:
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...ducts_id/411541850/API+RIA+1911A1+FS+9MM+GI+8

Tactical Configuration:
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...cts_id/411541851/API+RIA+1911A1+FS+9MM+TACT+8

G

gunguy11

That tactical looks nice.!! I prefer used though. I don't like the online shopping and transfer fees...
    I have an offer on a Taurus pt1911 in a .45 I might take it but I'm not sure. Need to do some research and did out what a good price is.

G

gunguy11

That actually says I get more vagina ;). The savings of my wallet allow me to spend more money on my woman haha.
    Nah man I just like having one caliber to worry about when it comes down to it. But I also thought about having atleast one other pistol caliber... I meant what happens when SHTF and I only have 9mm caliber ready guns.

G

gunguy11

I'm sorry man!! I have been meaning to upgrade so I can hold more. It is clear.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    The 9mm is like the Harley Sportster of the gun world . Back in the day , real men rode Sportsters . Now , it's regarded as a " chick bike " . What changed ? MARKETING , that's what .

G

gunguy11

Might pull te trigger on this duotone pt1911; unless someone has a valid reason not to give this Taurus a go....
    Decisions!!! Trying to wait for a 9mm.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom