WTB: .22LR conversion for AR15...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    My vote would be for a stainless one. Check locally. Remember that this coming weekend is the Tax Free Weekend for hunting supplies and guns.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I have the non-stainless version and have had no problems with it. I prefer black because it doesn't shine like the stainless. I have the CMMG with the Black Dog mags from Palmetto.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    mine must have been from a shitty batch. i tried a bunch of different types of ammo. i was getting 2/3 round bursts and i have no tax stamp lol. Though it was cool at first, but after realizing split brass was coming from the ejection port i returned that thing to cmmg ASAP. they have awesome customer service they sent me a stainless free of charge in exchange for my parkerized model.

once you get one youll love it! i want the black dog drum!

LSU007

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    Thanks for the replies!

I was actually looking at the CMMG one already....good to know someone has it and enjoys it! Looks like the only difference between the $129 and $199 is the two extra mags....hmmm.

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    I have the non-stainless, while stainless is probably easier to clean, I've had no problems. I do keep it pretty well lubed though. Mags run $20-23 before S/H

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    If you go with the CMMG mags then they are that much but the Black Dog ones are cheaper. Try the site below for good prices on the Black Dog Magazines for the conversions. Unlike the CMMG mag the Black Dog ones can easily be fully loaded without having to go through a break in period. They also have a good price for the drum.

http://www.44mag.com/

LSU007

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Slidell, LA

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    CDNN comes with one mag. PSA comes with three mags and a mag loader. Other than that they are the same.

The CTD kit looks fancier with the "forward assist adapter", but only comes with one mag.

The conversion assembly itself is the same from all three places, just a matter of what accessories you want. I think the best all-around deal is the PSA kit with 3 mags.

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    I don't think it comes with a charging handle as it is not listed in the description. I don't need anything special for mine to run...just the assembly itself and the mag :draw:

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Can anyone comment on the accuracy of conversion kits? I recall using a military conversion kit in the M16A1 with the 1/12 twist barrel and no particular problems in hits where aimed, but when I used the same kit in an M16A2 with 1/7 twist it looked like I was using a shotgun - the group was so large. Would a dedicated .22 top end be more accurate?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom