Wtb 300 whisper hand loads.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lilabear13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Brusly, La
    I just bought a s&w m&p 300 whisper/300 blackout and would like to buy some hand loaded ammo from someone who loads either of these calibers. I want both subsonic and supersonic. I have a friend who hand loads 300 whisper but is over seas right now. I'm really wanting 110gr Barnes ttsx for deer hunting. If you can help please pm me. Thanks.

Lilabear13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Brusly, La
    Wasn't aware of that. Is it the money that makes it illegal? Or would it be illegal to go to a friends house who has reloading equipment and get him to press some bullets for free. I've never reloaded so it's all pretty new to me. I just didn't want to have to buy all the equipment and then buy the 300 whisper dies which are way more expensive.

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    I don't know the laws for sure, but I think if you go to his house and make the bullets with him, it's different. At least everyone I know that reloads for others likes to do it that way.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    If you go to a friend's house and use his equipment to reload your own components, that's fine. If you buy components from a friend, that's fine too. But he cannot legally sell you whole ammunition (that he built from components) unless he has an ammunition manufacture license.

Anything in between those three statements is generally a gray area and you're better off doing your own research and/or asking the ATF directly for clarification.

Last edited:

Lilabear13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Brusly, La
    Ok. Thank y'all for the information. I didn't know it was illegal to sell reloads. I wouldn't want to get anyone, including myself, in trouble with the law.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    There are several small companies that load ammo for people. Sometimes their prices are inline with the major companies and sometimes not.

Dallas custom reloads might be able to help you out.

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    Atlanta arms and ammo and Black hills will load it for you.

I have the dies and am about to start rolling my own 300 blackout. Be sure to post the results of your testing with that bullet.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom