WTB a 300 Yard Scope for .308

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I am looking for a solid scope for my new DPMS Panther LR-308. I would like someting that will give me good clarity out to 300 yards. Most of the shooting will be within 100-200 yards.

I admittedly do not know a lot about scopes and magnification power. I would like to be able to clearly see the target at 300 yards, and see the holes in the paper at 100-150.

I am looking to spend no more than about 300.00

Does anyone have anything like this for sale?
    Are my expectations realistic?

Thanks.:cool:

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I have a Super Sniper 10x40 on my LR-308 that I love. I can spot holes in white paper against a dark background out at 100yds, but it sounds like you're wanting something stronger. SWFA has a 16x40 for the same price. It's pretty clear glass for a $300 scope and although it's fixed power, it's durable as hell and a good reputation.

http://www.swfa.com/pc-4306-231-swfa-ss-16x42-tactical-riflescope.aspx

If you're looking for a variable power scope, then look at the Bushnell elite lines of scopes. If you won't be using the gun for hunting, then it sounds like something between 10-14.5 max magnification will suit you.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I think you need to be more specific, the Marines teach us to put rounds on mansized paper at 500...

One of the Goood Leupolds would be a good place to start (Not the Wallmart VM3's)

coonassplumber

Resident Turdsmith'
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I put a Leuopold Mark IV LRT 4.5X14X50 on mine and couldn't be happier...course it's about 4 times what you want to pay....buy once, cry once I say :) Scott

Now the real question is what the hell do I put on the AP4....Not sure what would be best on a carbine .308...

nikolai

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Since we're blowing the $300 limit out of the water I'll have to whole-heartedly agree with pangris' recommendation. If you call and get your order in with Becky before this evening you can still catch the 15% off sale. Then you can put THAT $300 back in your pocket!!:rofl:
    Your wife might actually go for this. Tell her that instead of spending $300 you actually SAVED $300. She'll be thrilled.

BKliebert

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    South, La
    If you can spend $400 I can recommend the Weaver T-24 and T-36. I have used it (T-24) at 100yds and can easily spot 22 holes. Have also used it for F-Class at 600 (no I can't see the holes at 600 but the scope works great for that application). I have used it during July and have had no problems with not being able to see the target due to mirage. It is a fixed power scope my thinking is fewer parts should equal fewer problems. I have seen it used on rifles ranging from 22 thru 6.5-284's with no problem. Prices for the T-24 are around $399 and the 36 for $425.

Buck

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom