WTB: A4 or similar 18" upper for 5.56

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    I've been searching this site for an 18" upper or complete rifle and tried to search for and make modifications to "build my own" rifle online. I'm not educated enough to know just what it is I want to modify, by name. I know what I want a 5.56 18" barrel with the a4 front sight and the flat top with a flip up rear sight. I see the mid-length location for the front sight and am curious if that's moveable, etc. I have no idea about piston,gas block, etc etc. The picture below is basically what I'm looking for (need not be rra) if anyone's looking to sell, or recommend someplace locally to N.O. If someone has the upper or complete rifle please let me know. I cannot believe it's so hard to find a rifle just like the basic 16" ar15 but instead swap out an 18" barrel.:confused:

I think my option is to attempt a custom build which ain't gonna happen. The most I would consider is to wrangle is 3-4 components to create the build. Preferably a complete rifle or upper half and lower half. Thanks for checking what you've got and any advice!

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    Nevermind, I thought I had an answer, I was wrong. I was looking for the same thing a while back and just compromised with a 16".

Last edited:

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Most AR's use 16 or 20 inch barrel. That being said, there are a few folks that will make a 18" barrel for you (JP Rifles) would be one but it will cost. If you just need an upper than a 16" barrel will work just fine. Give me a call and let's see if we can work something out for you. Try225-202-3902.

Thanks,

Bryan Guillory
    Louisiana Gun

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    DH,

We have 2 RockRiver A4 uppers in stock one with the A2 front sight and one with a gas block. The one with the A2 sight is $440 + tax and $25 for the one with the gas block. Both are 16" mid length, complete uppers. Let me know if we can help you.

Thanks,

Bryan Guillory
    Louisiana Gun

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom