WTB AR complete upper

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I'm looking for a quality complete upper, 14.5-16". I'm not looking for olympic, DTI, etc. and would really like to focus on DD/BCM/YHM brands. Cash in hand and ready to buy.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    BCM 14.5" mid-length upper

Working on a complete BCM build. Gonna take a while though, got some AK projects in front of it.

Last edited:

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Post back when you get it in. Curious to see what they give you. I got a 1oz bottle of slick2000, a BCM hat, like 5 BCM posters, a couple of training dvds, and 4 or 5 BCM stickers.

Got the same thing you did. One from Travis Haley and the other from some bald guy.
    Have to say, I like it so far. Will give a range report this weekend.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I like mine also, quality is top notch. This may sound weird, but I really like the smell of the lube they used on the upper, kinda has a sweet smell to it. Maybe it was slick2000, since they sent a sample bottle with it. I just wish they sold stripped lowers. The penny pincher in me makes it hard to justify paying ~$400 for a complete lower with basic parts.

What upper did you get?

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I like mine also, quality is top notch. This may sound weird, but I really like the smell of the lube they used on the upper, kinda has a sweet smell to it. Maybe it was slick2000, since they sent a sample bottle with it. I just wish they sold stripped lowers. The penny pincher in me makes it hard to justify paying ~$400 for a complete lower with basic parts.

What upper did you get?

I hear ya on the lower thing, their margin on a complete lower is HUGE. I got the 14.5 light weight barrel with mid length gas system. BCM BCG and mod 3 gunfighter charging handle. I got the a2x pinned/welded option.
    Put a few rounds through it today, cycled perfectly with no hiccups. Friday I'll run it a little harder. The light weight barrel really heats up quick!

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I got the same one. I have a lightweight on one of my Spike's builds as well. It does heat up quickly, but I like it. I didn't get a BCM BCG, yet anyway. I will be running one of my Spike's BCG's in it for a while. I have yet to decide on my muzzle device. I don't know if I want to go with a brake or FH. I wish I could afford a Blackout. I have a few that I have been looking at, such as a Smith Vortex 4 Prong FH, PWS 3 Prong FH, Ranier Arms XTC, and a few others. I am going to put a Troy Alpha rail on it, trying to decide between 11" or 13".

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    hunter1994
    Top Bottom