WTB Basic reloading setup

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wadepat2

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Delcambre,La
    Anybody have a basic setup they dont use anymore thats still workable. I was looking but cant buy it since the BOSS(wife) is about to kill me for going a little crazy with me new addiction. LOL
    I know alot of others or interested so I left the post up.
    Thanks
    Wade

Last edited:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I have a used, but still-in-excellent-condition Lee Anniversary kit, complete. Everything you need to load except components (brass, powder, primers, and bullets) and a loading manual- that gives charge weights, etc.

It includes a single-stage press, Lee priming tool, the Lee powder measure, Lee mechanical scale, a few other goodies like loading blocks and a chamfer tool, and two sets of Lee loading dies, both carbide; one in .45 ACP, the other in .38/.357. I've still got all the manuals for each tool, and most of the original packaging. I didn't use this equipment much before getting a Dillon.

You can buy this set-up (sans dies and loading blocks) for between $85 and $100 new. Top-shelf carbide dies will run you another $35-$45 a set; plus an extra $20 or so for the Lee factory crimp die for the .45, which is a very nice thing to have. This is used after you seat the bullets, and produces a uniform taper crimp on the case mouth... which is where this caliber headspaces on, so that's kind of important to get right.

You can have the whole kit and kaboodle for $100 cash American, but you gotta come get it...;)

I live in Zachary but can meet you in BR.

That's all it takes to get started in reloading? $100ish? :eek3:

wadepat2

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Delcambre,La
    LSP thanks for the offer but the BOSS(wife) put me on $ lockdown after the new Kimber so Im gonna have to pass and wait awhile. Thanks for the awesome deal. Medic you gotta jump all over this. Ill wait till you post that you saw my response and edit my POST.
    Wade

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    He's getting .38 dies in the deal, Joel. You can load up some bunny fart rounds for that new prize you just scored.

Now that I think about it, I've got quite a few 110gr JHP bullets I bought for that express purpose still lying around somewhere in here. If you get to that stage (loading for the 342), contact me and I'll let you have all these bullets for what I've got in them.

P.S.: I've got some .38 brass lying fallow too, back in the "armory" (spare bedroom :D ). You're welcome to that; just remind me about if you decide to take the bullets.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    LSP was a really good guy to deal with. His first concern was that the equipment was something I could use. He was also very thorough in making sure everything was in the deal.

Thanks,
    RDO

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom