WTB: Flat top AR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trickasabrick

older than dirt
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Prairieville
    Yeah, I know. Me and everybody else. But I figured I'd try the "ask and ye shall receive" route. So, if anybody has one of these that you'd like to sell, I'm interested. I don't really want a high dollar rifle, something more in the $800 range. I want a flat top due to the fact that I can't see worth a crap any more and open sights don't really cut it:cool:.

Thanks

Keller

Walmitfahrer #478
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Baton Rouge/Covington
    Academy has a "Optics-Ready" Bushmaster Carbine listed for $899 on their website. Find a stripped lower and get the complete upper-build kit from Del-Ton. Might set you back $700 depending on who you get the lower from.

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    Academy has a "Optics-Ready" Bushmaster Carbine listed for $899 on their website. Find a stripped lower and get the complete upper-build kit from Del-Ton. Might set you back $700 depending on who you get the lower from.

Yup... Actually I just ordered a Del-Ton 16"Middy A1 upper rifle kit with chrome bolt, carrier, chamber and bore...for 610 and got a stripped EA lower for 125...

You can pick one up with the A3 upper for about the same price (Maybe a bit under depending on what options you choose)

Keller

Walmitfahrer #478
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Baton Rouge/Covington
    Yup... Actually I just ordered a Del-Ton 16"Middy A1 upper rifle kit with chrome bolt, carrier, chamber and bore...for 610 and got a stripped EA lower for 125...

You can pick one up with the A3 upper for about the same price (Maybe a bit under depending on what options you choose)

Let us know, or at least let me know, how that Del-Ton upper works out. I'm dying to order one... fingers crossed that Santa is good to me this year.

Trickasabrick

older than dirt
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Prairieville
    Thanks for the replies and links. I'll have to check all this out. A gunsmith that I know told me something that I find hard to believe. He says that the guns from Wally world and certain other sporting goods places are, shall we say, of lower standard than others available. Has anybody else ever heard this, or is that BS? I don't know why he would tell me that since he's not trying to sell me anything.

Tantrix

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Pineville, Louisiana
    Do yourself a favor and call around to your local shops and get them to order you a Sabre Defence. I had a Colt in my hands last Friday and ended up walking out the door with a Sabre Flat-Top w/ YHM flip-up front & rear sights for $1150. It felt better in my hands than the Colt, and the condition inside and out was just perfection.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom