WTB G21 or XD45

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vegasjay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Carencro, LA
    Looking for either a Glock 21 or XD45. I've had trouble deciding on which one to get so the first one I find I'd like to scoop it up. I prefer a FTF transaction. I'm in the military and have an out of state license so no gun shops will sell me a pistol. Thanks in advance.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    If you are not a resident of this state you cannot purchase a handgun from a resident unless it ships to your state of residency and you fill out a 4473 in your home state.

Vegasjay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Carencro, LA
    If you are not a resident of this state you cannot purchase a handgun from a resident unless it ships to your state of residency and you fill out a 4473 in your home state.

I vote, pay taxes and own a home in Louisiana. I am active duty military so I retain the right to keep my out of state license and it doesn't expire until I'm 65 so I'm hanging on to it.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I vote, pay taxes and own a home in Louisiana. I am active duty military so I retain the right to keep my out of state license and it doesn't expire until I'm 65 so I'm hanging on to it.

I appreciate your service but I'm just trying to watch out for you (and other members).

I'm not 100% certain on how this works but I have a strong feeling that if no shops will sell you a handgun then there is a valid reason.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Jeremy, his home of record is his "official" domicile while on active duty. Unless there is some obscure BATF reg I don't know about, he is perfectly legal buying any legal firearm here.

However, it IS against Louisiana law to possess more than one valid driver's license. So when you come back for good (if you do), you'll be required to surrender the other one when you apply for a current LA DL.

Okay. I might possibly stand corrected. Obviously, given my situation, I'd prefer to err on the side of caution.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom