WTB old axe heads

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    I'm looking for a few old axe heads. I'd like to start learning to restore them. Preferably they would be decent labels worthy of the time I'd spend on em. Labels like Kelly, Collins, Gransfors (GBS), Wetterling (SAW), Plumb. There are many others, these are just the ones I've learned about in my bit of research. I'll pay between $3-30 depending on condition and label. Thanks!

$T2eC16N,!)sE9swmYlL1BQbltcD9b!~~60_35.JPG

images

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Cool. I just did this hammer a couple days ago. I found it in my uncle's toolbox. It was pretty rusted/nasty and had a broken handle. I have no idea what finish it had, but it's cold-blued now! Picked up a new handle for about $5 at the hardware store.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349872654.260643.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1349872671.432054.jpg

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    wow, nice hammer. How well will the blueing hold up? I did one collins axe with linseed oil. Still needs more polish though. I think I may try to bring it to a high shine if I can safely restore the pitting.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    wow, nice hammer. How well will the blueing hold up? I did one collins axe with linseed oil. Still needs more polish though. I think I may try to bring it to a high shine if I can safely restore the pitting.

thanks. I actually have no idea, but it looks good right now! lol It was all I had so I tried it. I did also treated it afterward with some gun oil that is supposed to bond to the metal, so we'll see. my toolbox is currently in a climate-controlled area so it should be fine. it prob won't see much use anyway.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom