wtb range bag

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    looking for something used. i dont want to spend a tone of money on something i will rarely use. at this point ive never been to a shooting range before and dont plan to go very often. im in a dear lease that has a 100yd range set up so i shoot there. the only downside is i cant shoot during hunting season other than for sighting in. this is not a problem because if i have time to shoot i am hunting but i dont turkey hunt and it is turkey season right now and ive finally talked the wife into shooting. right now i have all my guns in either the factory hard cases they came in or in another hard pistol case. im fixing to take the wife to the range and was thinking it might be tough to carry 4 pistol cases, mags and ammo into basspro to shoot. so does anyone have an old range bag that your not using anymore that still functions and may fit my needs for a decent price ie cheap?

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    the new interweb filters here at work wont allow me to look at the site but thats pretty much the $ range i want to stay in. if noone here has anything im prolly gonna run by academy and see what they have so i can use it sat. i figure if all else fails i will pick up a few soft cases and throw them all in a small duffle and call it good.

onelochevy

XD 45
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Slidell
    I've read nothing but outstanding reviews about the midwayusa bag. They are on sale until the end of the month and I plan to pick one up myself.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    i searched and the midway seems to have good reviews the only neg is i cant have it for saturday. maybe i will just make do and take 2 guns this weekend and order a midway. 40 bucks for a new bag sounds pretty good. i did want her to be able to shoot all the pistols this weekend but i may have to wait.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    +1 on the Midway bag. It rocks!

Regularly $59.99, on sale for $39.99 - can't beat it!

(Unless you catch it on sale for $29.99 :D though I'm not sure they still do that.)

WB5QBK

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Caddo Parish
    Really like the Midway bag. It is a little large at times, but the real issue is it holds more stuff (weight) than I can easily get in/out of the house carrying.
    One of the zipper pull straps came unsewn almost immediately, but I didn't mind as I really don't need to pull both at the same time.

Overall, I highly recommend it.

Jon

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 13, 2006
    BR "City of Central"

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    With the size of the Midway bag, everything goes in it. There are mag loops inside the large side compartment and inside the removable "stage bag".
    There are 2 pistol pouches in the main bag and room for 2 more in the stage bag.
    The shoulder strap is wide and padded so the weight of ammo isn't as noticeable.
    It's a very good bag for the money.

Ammo cans are for storage not range use.

Last edited:

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I just got the large Midway bag a few weeks back. I carry ammo in the main compartment and the bag doesn't sag a bit. I carry my earmuffs and small binoculars in the large end pouch. The small end pouch is good for my target stapler and shooting glasses in a hard case. The only problem I've encountered is that it will hold more than I can carry :D

Seriously, it's a great bag. I'm really enjoying mine.

onelochevy

XD 45
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Slidell
    Can't beat the Midway bag. I keep my main stash of ammo at home in ammo cans, but I the ammo I plan to use at the range goes in the removable inner bag that comes with the Midway setup. Has plenty enough room for both me and my wife's earmuffs, and also comes with two nice pistol bags that I put the guns in to take to the range. I keep my blackhawk serpa holster in one of the side pockets to wear while at the range. Here is how I pack my bag for a range trip.

RangeBag001.jpg

RangeBag002.jpg

RangeBag003.jpg

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I have put the Glock 19 mags in the big side compartment with bore snakes behind them. stapler/staples in the big end compartment. In the side compartments I have my Mitch Rosen holster and mag pouchin one and the other one has some AR mags. In the other skinny end compartment I put my 10/22 mags. P22 went in one pistol bag and the G19 can go in the other. I love this bag. Ammo and hearing protection in the center. I didn't use the dividers for the removable inner bag.

Last edited:

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    this is an old post but i did find something that i like and it wasn't a range bag. i looked at a few bags and i would have had to buy additional soft cases for other guns. i wanted to be able to carry 4-5 pistols i keep all my guns in their original cases so i looked aroound and ended up finding a fishing tackle bag with the plastic cases that slide in and it works awsome i can put all of my pistol cases in it and still have enough room for ammo and ear muffs and then additional rooom for other misc stuff in the side pockets.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom