WTB Remington 870 Tactical or similar 12 gauge!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunnut80

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Livingston
    Be warned....I called and emailed the guy from La sportsman a few times with no responce. Someone just posted a warning about him in the classifieds on La sportsman.

LouisianaGuy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Walker, LA
    I actually saw the gun listed in the link....the guy either did not know anyting about it or he knew and did not disclose info.
    Anyhow its a 1982 Model Wingmaster Police model, it has an aftermarket 3" Mag barrell on it, and the reciever is not rated for that kinda load, i called remingtion to check it out they said 2- 3/4" ONLY...the barrell is parkerised and the reciever has the high gloss of the wingmaster's. Its beat down really...the trigger did however feel very good...crisp and short think that may have been a feature of the police model back then and maybe still is.

kirkdbergeron

Zombie Killah! LOL
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Morgan City, LA
    Be warned....I called and emailed the guy from La sportsman a few times with no responce. Someone just posted a warning about him in the classifieds on La sportsman.
    I to fell to this, drove 2 1/2 hours from morgan city, all this guy could do is "text" while he was at work, told me he lived close to state capital dragway. Long story short, I waisted gas, time, and money for a whole lot of nothing.

this is from the other forum:

Beware of a person with post name of CHopper3030 trying to sell a Remington 870 with some ammo. I had been in contact with him since last Tuesday and he had agreed to trade the shotgun for a pistol & rifle of mine. I continue to email him to stay in contact until the weekend when the trade was to take place. I told him in every email to call me, but never did. He never answered the phone number he listed with his ad (225-335-3202). He answered every email with a confirmation that the trade was going to happen adn to call him when I came to Baton Rouge ( I live in NE LA and taveled 3 hours to meet him). I emailed him Friday night, telling him to call me (again). He didn't reply until Saturday morning saying he had been at the camp and his phone didn't work (but he could answer an email within 5 minutes). His reply Saturday morning said to call him when I got to Baton Rouge (which I tried, but again no answer). I spent all day in Baton Rouge trying to contact him, but no luck. No response later, saying sorry or dicide not to trade, no nothing. Now he's posting the same item again. His name is Torrey Wells and his ID is Chopper3030. It would have been different if he had said at any time in any of the emails that he had 2nd thoughts or decided against the trade, but never said anything like that. Just let me drive 3 hours and couldn't even answer his phone to sya he wasn't coming. BEWARE.

Last edited:

LouisianaGuy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Walker, LA
    Thank goodness i lived in BR and he met me 10 miles from my house on the way to work.
    The gun is a POS....i would probably be willing to pay 75-100 for it MAYBE, i would just toss it behind the seat and let it get beat up, but you would be limited to 2-3/4" shells...the ammo alone is probably worth 40-50 bucks, but alot of it looked old and was a variety of diff ammo, none of it 3" mag, which would be a mistake to shoot from that gun

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom