WTB Retro AR-15 pars

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Winterborn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    Alexandria LA
    Hi all. I'm looking to build my first AR.I've decided to do something different and build it to look like a nam era m16a1 or an xm177. which ever is easier to build. I'm looking for parts right now for it. Seems like all the parts kits have dried up so here I am looking. If anyone has anything or could direct me to the right sites I'd be in your debt.

Winterborn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    Alexandria LA
    Thanks for the replies so far. Is there anywhere cheaper I can get an a1 style upper from? Seems to be the one part I've tey to run into besides on nodak spud

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I see them around every now and then. I think Olympic Arms made them. You can also occasionally find Colt uppers for around $120-150. Check Gunbroker, ARFCOM, etc. Don't think anyone other than Nodak is currently producing them, so other than that you're stuck on the used market. I've had a strange desire to build a Vietnam era A1 for a while, I should start collecting parts when I see them!

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    i just got finished building my "Old School" M-16 A1 look-a-like. It is something that I've been wanting to do for a while and realized that i had enough spare parts to do it. I'll post pics in the AR pics thread in the "Rifle" section. Good luck with your quest. BUMP.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA

francis8709

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Sportsmansguide.com has full kits minus sear and lower for $599. New stainless barrel as well. Good start for everything. I did not notice which catalogue has it but might be worth checking out.

Winterborn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    Alexandria LA
    I check on sportsmansguide and couldn't find it. So far I've picked up the hand guards. I sadly think this might be a alot harder then first intended

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom