WTB RPK 7.62x39 prefer Romanian like AES-10, AES-10b maybe also yugo M72 PSL Dragunov

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turboneal

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Vernon Parish
    I want to buy an RPK in 7.62 x 39. I prefer a good running Romanian AES-10. I will consider AES-10b, Yugoslavian M72, etc. I don't just want a long barrel AK, needs the reinforced receiver, heavy barrel, and preferably the bipod and carry handle. One of the main problems can be the magazine wells being too wide so I prefer one that doesn't have that issue, or has been repaired OR I want a discount for one with the magazine well issue...

JGSales sells the CAI AES-10 for $520 but they are out of stock and I leave to Afghanistan soon, (maybe 2 weeks.) I can pay a BIT of a premium...

Also looking for a Romanian PSL 7.62 x 54R ( Dragunov style), Mosin Nagant (preferably with aftermarket stock like monte carlo or other)

AND also looking for AK pistol like a DRACO.

Thanks,

-Neal

bayoushooter

Rating - 98.6%
    72   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Metairie
    Trust me bro, you want the aes10-b. It's almost an exact copy of a real Romanian RPK, and prices aren't going anywhere but up.. stay away from the aes10 (non b models).

Attachments

• 2009 Winter RPK 018.jpg
      2009 Winter RPK 018.jpg
      105.4 KB · Views: 20
    Last edited:

turboneal

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Vernon Parish
    I thought the b was the folding stock one? I plan on mounting a Bumpski stock to it so I wasn't sure if the folding stock one would work. Looks like I am wrong, what is the real difference between the AES-10 and AES-10b?

Thanks for your comment,
    -Neal

bayoushooter

Rating - 98.6%
    72   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Metairie
    I thought the b was the folding stock one? I plan on mounting a Bumpski stock to it so I wasn't sure if the folding stock one would work. Looks like I am wrong, what is the real difference between the AES-10 and AES-10b?

Thanks for your comment,
    -Neal
    A few main differences, the aes10 lacks a reinforced 1.5MM receiver, its built on a wasr10 receiver. It has a long skiney barrel, I've heard internet rumors that century arms welded 2-16" barrels together for their aes10s.. The bi pod on the non-b model is mounted in the wrong place. The folder version you are referring to is also an aes10-b. From the research I've done the folder versions all have adjustable bi pod legs, and all numbers are matching. This new lot of aes10-b's are coming with non adjustable bi pod legs, clubfoot stock, and most of the numbers either don't match, or are force matched. This new lot is also $100 cheaper.. get one while you can, they will be gone fast.

Last edited:

turboneal

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Vernon Parish
    Thanks for the info... I am looking for a b then... I knew to look out for reinforced receiver and heavy barrel but didn't know it had to be a B to get those features...

Why gone fast?

Won't be anymore?

-Neal

jemayeux

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Beaumont, TX
    Just my opinion. I would go with the yugo - milled reciever, has a dimple in the reciever to help stabilize the magazine, there were a few other things i found the yugo had that made it superior to the romanian. I paid $800 for it 6 months ago. I own a standard Romanian ak and find the yugo to be better made. What ever you buy make sure it has the heavy barrel and built up reciever.

just my 2 pennies

bayoushooter

Rating - 98.6%
    72   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Metairie
    Just my opinion. I would go with the yugo - milled reciever, has a dimple in the reciever to help stabilize the magazine, there were a few other things i found the yugo had that made it superior to the romanian. I paid $800 for it 6 months ago. I own a standard Romanian ak and find the yugo to be better made. What ever you buy make sure it has the heavy barrel and built up reciever.

just my 2 pennies
    milled receiver with magwell dimples? You seem to have things a little backwards..

Last edited:

bayoushooter

Rating - 98.6%
    72   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Metairie
    Here's the story on the CAI M72. Century International Arms has a contract with a 3rd party that builds the rifles using virgin Yugoslavian RPK parts kits, and US made barrel/NODAK receivers. The fit and finish is above average on these. What kept me from buying one: the lack of a chrome lined barrel, the lack of a real RPK clubfoot buttstock, the barrel is also a few inches shorter than the aes10-b. The Romanian aes10-b is almost an exact copy of a Russian RPK. The yugo m72 if far from an exact copy, honestly in person it looks like an average fixed stock yugo akm with a bi pod.. If you look at the picture, there's an aes10-b up front and 2 yugo M72s behind it, you be the judge..

Attachments

• 32020083.jpg
      32020083.jpg
      68.4 KB · Views: 20
    Last edited:

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    The dimple issue seems to be centered around the 1st batch of romy rpk receivers from nodak that did not have them.

The barrel on the m72 is much heavier than the romy rpks. Should handle more heat. '

As far as the yugo receivers go, both the rifles and m72s use the same reciever. it is the 1.5mm with bulged ft trunnion and yugo specific rear trunnion. The rear stocks mount like a shotgun, long bolt thru the center. And both would use the same milled receiver, which is just about identical to a russian tyoe 3 / bulgarian milled. Only difference is that the yugo rifles have a retainer that holds the top cover on, as they are designed to shoot grenades and the m72 is not.

The yugos do not have chrome lined barrels, but they are very well made. I have handled alot of yugo surplus parts, makes most of the romanian stuff look 2nd rate.

And the quality of imported romy rpk parts is all over the place, so watch what you buy from CAI.

bayoushooter

Rating - 98.6%
    72   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Metairie
    The dimple issue seems to be centered around the 1st batch of romy rpk receivers from nodak that did not have them.

The barrel on the m72 is much heavier than the romy rpks. Should handle more heat. '

As far as the yugo receivers go, both the rifles and m72s use the same reciever. it is the 1.5mm with bulged ft trunnion and yugo specific rear trunnion. The rear stocks mount like a shotgun, long bolt thru the center. And both would use the same milled receiver, which is just about identical to a russian tyoe 3 / bulgarian milled. Only difference is that the yugo rifles have a retainer that holds the top cover on, as they are designed to shoot grenades and the m72 is not.

The yugos do not have chrome lined barrels, but they are very well made. I have handled alot of yugo surplus parts, makes most of the romanian stuff look 2nd rate.

And the quality of imported romy rpk parts is all over the place, so watch what you buy from CAI.

Everyone seems to have bits and pieces of the story correct.. the Romanian RPK barrel is in fact heavier and 2" longer than the yugo M72.. secondly, the century aes10b's aren't built using nodak receivers here in the u.s. Theyre imported into the country just like the wasr series rifles are imported, and have the mag wells opened up. The yugo m72 however, is assembed in the states using nodak receivers. I suggest going to akfiles.net and getting the story straight. Everyone here seems to have bits and pieces of half right information.. A few posts are even made by Harlan, the owner of NodakSpud llc.

Last edited:

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Everyone seems to have bits and pieces of the story correct.. the Romanian RPK barrel is in fact heavier and 2" longer than the yugo M72.. secondly, the century aes10b's aren't built using nodak receivers here in the u.s. Theyre imported into the country just like the wasr series rifles are imported, and have the mag wells opened up. The yugo m72 however, is assembed in the states using nodak receivers. I suggest going to akfiles.net and getting the story straight. Everyone here seems to have bits and pieces of half right information.. A few posts are even made by Harlan, the owner of NodakSpud llc.

I have a few m72s and a few of the romy rpk kits. The only barrel component that is the same journal size is the front sight tower. Other wise the gas block and rear sight block have a larger journal size on the yugo. Thus the barrel is larger in diameter. The romy barrel is longer, but the yugo is larger in diameter, and much heavier. I can take measurements if you like. I am very familiar with the 1.5mm receivers, and milled receivers in general. Plus I have a fondness for the yugo stamped guns, they are built like tanks and the materials and workmanship are very good.

You will not go wrong with either. Any Ak action with the rpk style stamped receiver is a stout gun.

turboneal

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Vernon Parish
    Well, I would consider a Yugo M72 or AES-10b but would prefer the AES10b. Would either of you gentlemen part with one? Bayou, I know you just bought yours, but I could pay you a premium... Jdindadell- if you have so many, maybe you'd like to part with one? :) I'll take one of your Aes-10b's since you like the M72 more anyway! :-D

Would you take anything in Trade?
    Big screen High def TVs? (RCA 52 inch rear projection for $300 or Sony LCD 52 inch for $950? (Sony is worth 1700 dollars.)
    Bose Sound docs?

Jackson, Gibson, Fender or ESP electric guitars or basses? Peavey, Marshal, Fender or Ampeg guitar or bass amps?

Sony PS3 almost new in the box? $200?
    Princess cut diamond engagement ring .75 carat solitair diamond 18k gold band with appraisal certificate worth $5515 ? Oakley shades?

If you send me your email or phone number, I could send you pics. My cell is 713-876-eight eight nine one. I live in Leesville.

I go to Afghanistan in a couple of weeks and I am trying to pick up a few guns before I go. Also looking for an Saiga 308 with 21 inch barrel and a DRACO AK Pistol.

Thanks for your consideration,

-Neal[/QUOTE]

turboneal

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Vernon Parish
    Just got off the phone with Classica Arms. Ordered AES-10b. Paid 10 dollar fee for hand select. She said "the hand select fee is usually for older rifles, what would you be looking for on this one" I told her to make sure magwell wasn't opened up too much, sight tower wasn't canted, and prefer adjustable bipod if available...

Restraining myself from ordering a Bumpski stock until I test the rifle out.... lol

-Neal

turboneal

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Vernon Parish
    papachuck has a saiga 308 for sale. I am from Leesville and the sand box might be an improvement over that town. There is also a draco on here in the classifieds for 500.
    http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/...ing-guns-into-CASH...Act-II-1-time-price-drop!

I actually love Leesville. A lot of people complain, but I don't get it. I don't go to the mall, I order off the internet. Property taxes are almost non-existant. We even have a good italian restaurant now, so most of my dining preferences are covered... Crime is very low. It's great. I do like to travel a lot and I love to visit places like Vegas, Manhattan, London, Paris, New Orleans, etc but wouldn't want to live in a big city...

Anyway, Still looking for a PSL and AK pistol... $500 is a lot for a Draco, no? They were going for 399... Are they getting rare now too?

I am drooling on that Saiga .308 from pappachuck but he won't wiggle on the price and slidel is a long drive and a lot of gas for me... I would like to work something out with him though...

-Neal

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom