WTB: Ruger SR9

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HammondShooter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Albany, Louisiana
    After some thought and research, I'm thinking about buying a Ruger SR9.

I know of a dealer who's selling them for $390, brand new, at the upcoming gun show. I was just wondering if someone here had one for sale before I buy there. I thought I may save some money and someone would make some money for something new they wanted.

I live in Hammond.

Shane

email: dsburton_1999@yahoo.com

Last edited:

mburch2

Open Carrier
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Good luck Hammond. If you get an SR9, watch out for barrel peening. Some of the earlier ones had issues, mine had minor peening that needed to be smoothed out as well.

If you see one at the gunshow, make sure it has a double bladed trigger, like the glock. A solid trigger on an SR9 indicates a pre-recall model.

Otherwise, best of luck. I love my SR9, it's a naildriver 4k rounds later. Surprised these pistols aren't more popular.

HammondShooter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Albany, Louisiana
    Thanks for the advice. I'll have to watch for that. The ones that the guy has for sale all had the Glock-like trigger and had higher serial numbers than the recall guns.

I like the feel of the SR-9, as I have short, stubby fingers compared to most people. The width across the grips and the trigger reach are much better for me.

I'm glad to hear that its a naildriver, especially after 4K rounds! :) I believe it will gain in popularity. I think it's only been out since last year. I have an old Ruger P85 Mark II, and it's a lot bulkier. My dad's kind of adopted it as his home defense gun, so I've decided to get the SR9.

Shane

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom