WTB: Shopping List of Guns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Well, I've accumulated a mediocre list of guns that I'd love to pick up for my dad. I usually BS with him about cool guns to own, and I might as well try to find a good deal on some of them before I get married and hear the infamous kiss of death - "Me or those guns".

This list usually grows every month, so I'll most likely be updating this every so often.

I've got a wide variety of crap to trade - some that may or may not interest you. I've always preferred trading, but won't completely rule out a cash sale.

Now, the list:

Ruger .44 Carbine - the older tube feed model, condition isn't "too" important. I hope to find one with a clean receiver - not where someone tried to play gunsmith and swiss cheese the **** out of the frame because they "Watched a video about it on YouTube" :mad:.

Colt Python - preferably with a 6" barrel, but wouldn't mind re-barreling if I got an amazing deal (Hint hint NOMAD :D )

Glock 26/27 - I've always liked these, would prefer the 27 so I have the choice of .40 or 9mm if I decided to convert.

Smith & Wesson Model 17 (or variant) - My dad has always said that this is the holy grail of .22 revolvers, and wouldn't put it past him. We are firm believers of the S&W Koolaid at our house ;). Would prefer this to be a 4" model, but would consider longer/shorter models depending on re-barreling costs.

Ruger .44 Vaquero - This is a complete shot in the dark, and I don't expect anyone on here to have this. I'm looking for one of these with a 4-5/8" barrel (or shorter if possible), and will consider longer barrel lengths.

FN/Browning Hi-Power - I think this is the ONLY 9mm he would ever even consider owning. I'll consider some of the knockoffs, but would prefer a John Browning special :D.

Mosin Nagant - I don't care what model it is, I just want this out of pure amusement. I've heard the recoil was miserable, and have a certain friend who thinks he is King Kong. I want to give him this to plink with, and see how he feels at the end. The uglier the better. Hell, I don't care if the barrel has any rifling left :rofl: EDIT: I've decided that this will be chopped to 16", so bring forward those wall hangers that get 12" groups at 5 yards.

High Standard Victor - I had a chance to buy one of these in pristine condition when I was 17 for $250 from a friend. I'm still kicking myself 4 years later.

.22 AR Conversion - Brand doesn't really matter, as long as it isn't a complete piece of crap. Would prefer that it be compatible with most of the aftermarket magazines, but not really a deal breaker.

Benjamin Pump Pellet Rifle/Pistol - I'm on a F-ing mission to find a damn Benjamin pellet gun. I want a rifle, and my teacher wants a pistol. Caliber doesn't matter. Preferably an older model, since I've heard the new ones have some QC issues.

That completes my mediocre list of guns :)

For all of the listed guns, the finish (metal wise) isn't very important. I'd love it if the stock was nice, but mainly because I've never re-finished wood before. If it's an absolute 100% safe queen, please don't ask 2x the book value because it's "NIB" - my main goal is to find some decent shooters that might need some light tinkering or serious restoration.

If anyone has something I mentioned, or maybe something that you think will interest me, please shoot me a PM. I've got all the time in the world (past 6pm or so), and don't mind chatting back and forth. If I don't respond within 15 mins or so, I'm probably just outside.

Thanks guys!!

DAVE

Last edited:

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    Mosin Nagant - I don't care what model it is, I just want this out of pure amusement. I've heard the recoil was miserable, and have a certain friend who thinks he is King Kong. I want to give him this to plink with, and see how he feels at the end. The uglier the better. Hell, I don't care if the barrel has any rifling left :rofl:

Get one of the carbine versions, there's a big difference in recoil between them and the full length ones.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    My buddy has an awsome .44 carbine and a vaquero in his shop.

Are they used? I was hoping to stay away from gun shops and stick with private sales, it's easier to negotiate trades/prices when the guy isn't trying to pay the bills.

Get one of the carbine versions, there's a big difference in recoil between them and the full length ones.

If it's nasty enough, I may hacksaw and re-crown the barrel to like 16.5". I want something that causes cancer and makes babies cry. The meaner and nastier, the better.......... it's the same rule I use when I'm pimping for women.

Also, I've already edited the first post to add more toys. I swear, this is the worst addiction ever.

DAVE

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Rich's Gun and Coin has a bunch of Benjy pump guns. Most are there for repairs, but soemtimes he sells the ones that have been forgotten.

Danable

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    hey quickdraw i have a few nagants. i can get rid of one for sure and the price will be good. one plus is that i'm in lake charles. PM me if the previous mentioned nagant in the thread doesn't go through

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Bump for firepower.

In regard to the Nagant, if anyone has one that is trashed for the last few inches of the barrel, this is exactly what I need.

As mentioned earlier, I'm now dead set on making this a Super Carbine/Flame Thrower. All I want is that this be an absolute nightmare to shoot - it would be nice if it could hit the side of a barn, but not needed.

Thanks again guys!!!

DAVE

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom