WTF? Ammo anyone?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockthirtysix

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    LaPlace
    I've been trying to find out info on ammo availability... What is the deal? Why is it so hard to find ammo? I've heard of a 500% tax on ammo, but the only things I can find out about it online has to do with Obama before the election.

Can anyone shed some light on the scarcity of .45 acp and why everyone is buying it out before anybody else is able to purchase some?

There are five of us in need of .45 acp.....

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    I've been trying to find out info on ammo availability... What is the deal? Why is it so hard to find ammo? I've heard of a 500% tax on ammo, but the only things I can find out about it online has to do with Obama before the election.

Can anyone shed some light on the scarcity of .45 acp and why everyone is buying it out before anybody else is able to purchase some?

There are five of us in need of .45 acp.....
    where are you looking. its for sale all over the net.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I think he meant locally. I went to academy today looking for Monarch .223. They had 5.45 and 7.62x39, but no .223. The girl there also said they've been completely sold out of .380 and it goes as quickly as it comes back into stock. I was surprised by that one.

I was talking to the worker there and she said something to the effect of 'I'm pro 2a but who needs an assault rifle'. I explained but... she was a kid. Spanky, a pack of business BS.com cards dropped on the counter top discretely might help educate some of these kids as well as gain us some new members here.

Mayosligo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lately in Baton Rouge Ammo is becoming scarce. 38 rounds are scarce - none at Bass Pro and none at Academy. Makes me nervous.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I was talking to the worker there and she said something to the effect of 'I'm pro 2a but who needs an assault rifle'.

My stock reply is "Who needs an SUV or a 42" TV? Thank God we live in America and we can buy things we don't need."

That always gets the point across.

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Where Im at, all military calibers sell out fast. I couldnt figure out why until I joined the local range. Wow, at least four belt feds, more ARs than you could shake a big stick at, and no brass goes to waste. I asked why there arent any AKs and was told with a laugh that its because the police and military dont use 7.62x39 ammunition.

meauxcg

Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    May 27, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I'm so cracking sick of this bs I've been waiting for months for a lower parts
    Kit and I ordered and then cancelled the order for a possum
    Hill .223 case trimmer. The assclown at lockstock.com lied
    Directly and said sure I have it in stock but when I called today
    It was suddendly on backorder.
    I can't get primers I can't get decent bullets I'm
    Offically fed right the fuk up!
    And don't even get me started on the other stuff I've been
    Waiting on

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    FYI was just in Wal-Mart in Zachary and they have about 9-10 boxes of WWB 100 rd 45 ACP. They had two boxes of Blazer I bought that. They also had a UMC 250 round pack of .45 acp for $81 and some change.

Glock27

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    not any more, i just got home from buying there last 2 boxes. all the had left was the winchester 45 230gr jhp. which was good for, thats what i shoot. $19.97/box

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    the walmart in gonzales had 4 boxes of .40 and a huge shipment of cci stinger .22lr a week ago had only remington .22

wrecker704

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Hammond,La
    tuesday nite i was in walker wallyworld an they had bare cases. not much ammo at all. did find some 45-70 leverevolution. surprised the heck out of me. hammond wally has little to no ammo.

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    I drove up to Little Rock today from BR and stopped at 5 Wally world's on the way. Found 1 box of .45 Blazer Brass. Lady at the counter in Bryant said they hadn't had any handgun ammo in 6 weeks.

glockthirtysix

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    LaPlace
    LaPlace Wally World had 12 boxes of WWB .45 acp this morning. It's the 100 round box for $35..... I bought 6 of them... The guy there said that he isn't expecting any more for about 3 weeks.

I should have bought all 12....

Top Bottom