WTF kind of journalists are WAFB hiring???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meauxcg

Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    May 27, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    http://www.wafb.com/story/26264276/family-members-identify-man-shot-to-death-on-north-ardenwood

*In the broad open of the daytime for someone to just take a good father away from their children it's just sad," said the victim's baby mama's aunt. "It's pitiful. It's pitiful. I could never ever say he was a bad person. He wasn't an out person. He wasn't a violent person

"victim's baby mama's aunt"
    WTF is that??????
    lu
    Why did I spend 30K plus $$ at LSU for English and writing classes to get a degree when the professionals write like this???

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    It took a couple of minutes to translate.

In normal society, it would mean 'the victim's sister-in-law.' In Ebonics its 'the sister of the egg donor that he impregnated without benefit of marriage (or any other commitment). I'm betting that is how the woman identified herself to the reporter and the reporter thought, 'Wtf, run it that way.'

ROFL.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    B/c there is no such thing as journalism anymore.

What you see on the news, for the most part and especially true for Main Stream Media
    is glorified bloggers. They BLOG about the news in their News Articles basically telling you
    what they THINK about the news instead of just reporting the news.

The Daily Talk Show host are hired to do the same thing, except most of them
    have a great voice, are handsome or pretty, which allows them to be on TV.

Great Example - Shepard Smith(Fox News)

During his program he's reporting on the Robin Williams suicide.
    He calls him a Coward.

Now of course we all have our own views on suicide, and obviously so does Smith
    but to say such during a NEWS program is out of place.

....but that's just it.....it's not a News program. It's a TV Show
    where people are paid to give their opinion on 'The News'
    and not just report it.

This is not news. This is a TV Show.

You're watching glorified bloggers give a dramatic representation of what the News actually is.

Last edited:

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    Somebody edited the story:

*In the broad open of the daytime for someone to just take a good father away from their children, it's just sad," a family friend said. "It's pitiful. It's pitiful. I could never ever say he was a bad person. He wasn't an out person. He wasn't a violent person. He was a hard working young man.*

Goatwhiskers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Grammer is no longer taught in schools. I get a dose of it every day at 6 AM and PM from the talking heads. Such things as the defendant "pleaded" guilty, past tense of the verb to plead is pled, no such word as pleaded. Or "the SUV" ran him over, how about ran over him, and maybe mention the operator, the SUV didn't do it by itself. Where are we going and what is this handbasket for? GW

22doberman22

choot'em
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    Prairieville
    Subscribe to The Blaze and you will see only professional journalisim the way it was intended. I can say I can't go back to viewing meaningless garbage again.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Subscribe to The Blaze and you will see only professional journalisim the way it was intended.

Are you serious!?!? :dogkeke:

It's called TheBlaze - Breaking news and opinion for a reason.

Reporting the News, means you DON'T give an opinion
    or interject words and statements meant to imply.

TheBlaze, is NOTHING like that.

example;
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...arming-militarization-of-local-police-photos/
    Quote from the article right at the top:
    That brings us to the seemingly glossed over aspect of the unrest in Ferguson:
    the startling militarization of local police forces....

....Have local police forces become too militarized?.....

That's not 'reporting the news', that's an opinionated blogger article
    under the guise of news.

Last edited:

22doberman22

choot'em
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    Prairieville
    Obviously you are not a subscriber and you just read the articles on the Blaze.com. I was talking about the journalist on the program shows. Check it out sometime, I believe the first month is free.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Journalism school is a lot like culinary school. Everyone is told they can/will become Walter Cronkite / Emeril Lagasse, until they realize that the reality for the VAST majority is long crappy hours of hard work; with no recognition, no superstardom, and a modest salary that barely pays the bills.

Look at your top earning phony journalists. They are entertainers! Do you really need reading, writing, and arithmetic for that?

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    Could this have been written as sarcasm as is sometimes done when we respond to articles in a sarcastic manner here on the forums? I did not get a chance to compare the entire article before it was edited. Was it poorly written throughout before?

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Journalism school is a lot like culinary school. Everyone is told they can/will become Walter Cronkite / Emeril Lagasse, until they realize that the reality for the VAST majority is long crappy hours of hard work; with no recognition, no superstardom, and a modest salary that barely pays the bills.

Yep.

Top Bottom