Wtf Sig P250

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BEAU

Do I feel lucky?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    metry
    So I bought a Sig P250 .40 a while back and I finally went out to the range to shoot it. It feels great...until it jams. I went through 100 rounds and it's jammed up to 2 times per 13 rounds (clip size). It seems to be a feeding issue. The round fired ejects, but the next round doesn't always make it into the barrel. Talk about irritating. Any suggestions? Ideas?

johngunguy

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    LEANDER, TEXAS
    Could just need a break in issue. Some new pistols need a break in period. Have you lubricated the pistol per the manual? That could also be a problem. You didn't say if you were shooting factory or reloads, ammo can pose problems as well. Just a few ideas.

John

BEAU

Do I feel lucky?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    metry
    My apologies. I was shooting Remington factory target ammo. It was lightly oiled after the first few jams, but still jammed after. There were no jams after about 75-80 rounds. Thanks for the reply.

SigArmed1

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 21, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    Did you field strip it first and relube it well before you went? They are usually coated in a rust preventative that should be removed before taking to shoot the first time or that exact thing can happen. I would also try another mag if you have one to eliminate that as a possibility. If that doesn't work, try a different ammo until it get broken in. If nothing helps, call SIG customer service and they will make it right. Their CS has improved greatly in the last year or so and I guarantee they will make it right if it is indeed defective in some way. I have several SIGS, both pistols and rifles and I have been extremely satisfied with them all. Let us know what happens.

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    Yea if it is a brand new pistol, it could just be break in problems like stated above. I bought a mini-14 and it would jam every 2-3 rounds and it was getting very irritating, but after the 1st time I shot it I cleaned it and lubed it and have neve had a problem with it since. Try cleaning it a lubing it to see if that is the problem.

BEAU

Do I feel lucky?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    metry
    The first thing I did when I got home was strip it down and lubed it. I can't wait to go back to the range and see if it happens again. Thanks guys.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The first thing I did when I got home was strip it down and lubed it. I can't wait to go back to the range and see if it happens again. Thanks guys.

A good habit is to do this before shooting the first time. It MAY reduce malfunctions.

Top Bottom