WTF were they thinking. NYC Plane Scare

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Did you guys see the video? Makes my hair stand up. I would have been sh*tting myself, too.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN57C98B310[/ame]

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    The big deal is it looked like that 747 was about to either plow into a skyscraper or get shot down by the fighter jet. If you watched 9/11 live on television like most of us did you would understand the big deal.

Zeek

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Denham Springs
    I did watch it live. That WAS something to get excited about.

Like I said before, the WTC crash was 7 1/2 years ago. Will people in NY be scared forever? A scene similar to that is repeated hundreds of times per day all over the world as large aircraft make their approach to big city airports. I can understand a little excitement, but to run screaming through the streets? The pussification of America is well under way.

Jon

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 13, 2006
    BR "City of Central"
    I did watch it live. That WAS something to get excited about.

Like I said before, the WTC crash was 7 1/2 years ago. Will people in NY be scared forever? A scene similar to that is repeated hundreds of times per day all over the world as large aircraft make their approach to big city airports. I can understand a little excitement, but to run screaming through the streets? The pussification of America is well under way.

They approach followed by fighter jets?

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    People who live near airports are aware that jets are landing around them. I would be alarmed to see that scene in downtown baton rouge. But of course I just finished a vagina exhibit...

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    If someone doesnt see a problem or issue with a government agency intentionally doing something that they -knew- would cause alarm and panic, without informing the public or leaders of the community, I feel sorry for them.

If someone shoots one of your kids in the face at point blank range, killing them, and 7.5 years later someone else puts a gun to your other kids face, will you be alarmed?

Would you be happy if they laughed about it and said "Oh, its OK man, the gun wasnt loaded"?

Really?

Zeek

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Denham Springs
    If someone doesnt see a problem or issue with a government agency intentionally doing something that they -knew- would cause alarm and panic, without informing the public or leaders of the community, I feel sorry for them.

If someone shoots one of your kids in the face at point blank range, killing them, and 7.5 years later someone else puts a gun to your other kids face, will you be alarmed?

Would you be happy if they laughed about it and said "Oh, its OK man, the gun wasnt loaded"?

Really?

That is a poor analogy. I would not want the gun pointed at one of my kids period. Guns are normally pointed at people with the intention of shooting. Aircraft normally fly near cities with the intention of landing at the airport. Normally.

I would not think twice about the possibility of this causing panic. I would think it would cause concern, but panic? Give me a break. They they violate a no fly zone? What was exactly wrong with the fly over? At most people should be a little surprised if it is not normal to see an airplane. Feel sorry all you want. I feel saddened that so many Americans are a bunch of crybaby pussies because an airplane flew over their city.

That is all I have to say about it. I just asked for an explanation, no one gave me one. I will think what I want and you guys think what you want and we can continue to enjoy our free speech while we can. It is just really old that everyone has to get on tv and cry about everything. I don't hardly watch any tv but someone posted it here and here we are. No hard feelings to any of you, just looking for an answer.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    That is a poor analogy. I would not want the gun pointed at one of my kids period. Guns are normally pointed at people with the intention of shooting. Aircraft normally fly near cities with the intention of landing at the airport. Normally.

So you're telling me that I said that the people of New York wanted the planes to hit the WTC buildings, or they had a choice?

You didnt have an option about either of the parts of my scenario, period, only your reaction...because the people of that community didnt have a choice either, only had their reactions.

JadeRaven: 747's don't fly low and pointed at the Statue of Liberty chased by fighter jets, whether or not they're landing at the airport.
    ^^^

If it was something important its one thing, but that was for a photo shoot...in the days of photoshop!

They could have flown those planes over the ocean and with nothing around and imposed that picture in a skyline shot in NYC.

That was completly unnecessary and it enforced the idea that
    CajunTim: The government can do what they want when they want.
    and that the People have no choice, safety, security, or options. It was the government flexing their muscles.

You might be OK with the Government doing what it wants, hell if you feel that way during an Obama administration I would hate to see/know how you feel about it during an administration that you like.

"GO GOVERNMENT, **** THE PEOPLE!"

Last edited:

Takuan

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    NOLA
    The mind reels. I can't understand why they simply didn't composite an image of the plane against a New York Harbor background using Photoshop. I myself have dandy llittle masking plugin, and could have done the job for less than a hundred bucks.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Since when is it the governments concern to the mental capacity of a bunch of shell shocked people.

They let ****ing Vietnamese obtain citizenship and them mother ****ers killed many of good American soldiers everytime a Nam Vet sees one he should be able to cry foul. No and he wont as they are from a tougher generation unlike the pussified times in which we live in.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    SO if the Government cant do what they want when they want go stop them. Go stand in traffic and tell the LEO he cant drive down the street.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Tim you've stated that you are for a Bigger Federal Government, and that you are Pro-Government interaction, you would Disarm the American Public if it was asked of you...and a number of other things. I dont expect you to hold a pro-community view or to believe that the public should have options or information.

I understand your argument.

Last edited:

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Should we increase the size of our miltary?
    Should we increase the size of the border patrol?

I feel yes to both of these, they are part of the federal government. So yes I would like to see the federal government become larger.

But I can understand how some would like to see these two agencies reduced in size, wait no I cant.

If it is against the law it is against the law.

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    I was watching fox news and they said they cost of these photos were over 250k when they could have just used photoshop and it would have been much cheaper. My girlfriend said that the closest air port to manhatten is about a 1/2 hour away so I think poeple should get alarmed because of a low flying plain if the closest air port is 1/2 hour away

Top Bottom