WTS: 1891 Colt Lightning 32 Cal.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    Touch it and destroy the value , never clean, restore, wire brush, sand, re-blue, grind, any antique weapon, even a professional re-blue destroys the value. Never monkey with old firearms unless it's a worthless piece of crap, or you want it to be worthless. A light oil is all that's needed.

Last edited:

richiespng

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    Touch it and destroy the value , never clean, restore, wire brush, sand, re-blue, grind, any antique weapon, even a professional re-blue destroys the value. Never monkey with old firearms unless it's a worthless piece of crap, or you want it to be worthless. A light oil is all that's needed.

Normally I agree but this is in less than perfect condition. If someone wants it for a collection I would say dont touch it.

And by "restore" I'm not referring to re-bluing it or anything. More along the lines of finding a magazine end cap to replace the lost one, changing out the cracked pump with a direct replacement from a non functioning model, etc. No grinding or sanding or anything.

Last edited:

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I dunno how you expect to sell it without a foot in the picture. I could see putting new cap on tube and having it matched. Pretty sweet looking old gun other then that.

richiespng

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    I dunno how you expect to sell it without a foot in the picture. I could see putting new cap on tube and having it matched. Pretty sweet looking old gun other then that.

If you have ever seen the feet of the guy who takes our pictures you would probably rethink that. Maybe we could add booze though. That might work.

Man, the stories it could tell. Wish we knew the history.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom