WTS: 550rd seal can of Vietnam-era Chinese 7.62

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    All,

I received this ammo from an uncle who supposedly brought it back after a tour of duty.

It's what appears to be a sealed can of 550 rds of Chinese 7.62x39.

I have never attempted to open it and it is in the same condition as when I received it.

2129268513_5c8d9d56ae.jpg

2129269949_696bb79d2e.jpg

Item is sold as is. I am asking for $250 or a reasonable offer.

I am in the Metaire/Kenner/Harahan area and will be willing to drive as far as Gonzalez or Slidell to meet someone.

Last edited:

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    just fyi sportsman guide was selling 500rds for about $155 i dont know how that ammo compares to what you have but i cant see anything makeing what you have worth nearly double. hope that helps

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    just fyi sportsman guide was selling 500rds for about $155 i dont know how that ammo compares to what you have but i cant see anything makeing what you have worth nearly double. hope that helps

They also had 640 round tins for $150. But some folks like the Chinese ammo when it is steel core. I don't know if this is steel core or not. It might be a collector's item as well. I guess we'll see. Maybe check gunbroker to see if other ammo like this brings a premium.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    i dont know if this is the same ammo as what sold a weeke or so ago but another member sold 550 rds of norinco non corrosive on stripper clips for $275 they were also in a sealed tin so maybe this price isnt so far off. i dont guess you know if this is corrosive or not?

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    i dont know if this is the same ammo as what sold a weeke or so ago but another member sold 550 rds of norinco non corrosive on stripper clips for $275 they were also in a sealed tin so maybe this price isnt so far off. i dont guess you know if this is corrosive or not?

I would assume this is Corrosive. I would almost guarantee it.

This is Chinese Vietnam era production. Steel-core projectile; berdan primed, and most likely copper washed.

I'd crack it open to pull some out to take pictures, but then the value of it being an unopened tin is gone. It might have a minimal collecter's value to it while unopened.

downsoutthak

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    sunset
    if you open it up, i might buy a couple of stripper clips worth of rounds for collector pourposes. i cant afford what people want for this stuff. some of it has steel cores. people think it is armor piercing ammo, but it isnt really. the steel ist hardned and the chinese uesed it cause steel is cheaper than lead.

what brach did you serve in dfsutton?

Last edited:

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    They also had 640 round tins for $150. But some folks like the Chinese ammo when it is steel core. I don't know if this is steel core or not. It might be a collector's item as well. I guess we'll see. Maybe check gunbroker to see if other ammo like this brings a premium.
    scanning through google images could help someone try and match up those chinese characters to the ammo type

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom