WTS: CMMG .22lr Conversion Kits $190

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    *not spanky* but he has a Ceiner kit (actually 2), which is basically the same as the CMMG, except I bet the CMMG has better welds, and definately better customer service if you need a part/etc....

Sounds like somethhing to try outin the future. Right now I have my eyes set on some WWII rifles.

diat150

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    opelousas
    its not going to work on my pistol because of the short style buffer on mine.

Buffer_Recoil_Kit.jpg

the little deal on the left side of the picture actually fits into my bolt. looking at videos of the cmmg kit the bolt is falt and smooth where it meets the buffer, which is also flat and smooth. mine is neither.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    its not going to work on my pistol because of the short style buffer on mine.

Buffer_Recoil_Kit.jpg

the little deal on the left side of the picture actually fits into my bolt. looking at videos of the cmmg kit the bolt is falt and smooth where it meets the buffer, which is also flat and smooth. mine is neither.

When you remove your BCG, you could remove the spring as well, since they do not require the buffer+spring to be in the gun to work.

diat150

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    opelousas
    ok, just wanted to throw some tips out there for the guys buying them.

I sprayed a little bit of clp to lube it up before I went shoot. I tried subsonic ammo and noticed that it wouldnt load the round properly. I then switched over to federal that comes in the 550 rd pack that is green. that one worked better but would still fail to load correctly every few rounds. Then I had a round that fired out of battery. the rim of the case blew out, luckily it didnt mess anything up. after that I tried a different type of lube that my dad had at his house. it was more of an oil and was pretty thick. I sprayed the bolt and after that the federal worked almost flawlessly. it would fail to load maybe 1 time out of 75 rounds. I tried the subsonic and it still wouldnt work. another thing, I found that if you load all 25 in the mag it doesnt work well. Its like the spring is weak and the bullet tip isnt help up high enough which causes fail to loads. I would load between 20-22 rounds and it seemed to like that.

so, I recommend lubing it with a nice thick oil and using at the very least regular velocity bullets. this was in a 7" pistol so it may operate differently in a rifle configuration. I plan on trying some high velocity next.

overall, it took a little while to get it right, and luckily I wasnt injured. After getting it right it seems pretty reliable. definitely alot of fun and cheap to shoot.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Try the Federal beige box 325 round 40 grain AutoMatch for $14.47 a box @ Walmart. Works flawless in my CMMG.

This is very, very good stuff. I think I ran a whole carton of it without one failure, it is very consistent, and its accurate too. Only thing I didnt like was that it is just a LRN, and not copper coated.

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    To expand on the quick note I dropped earlier, I pulled this thing out of the box today and shot more rounds through my AR than I have since I purchased it. Here is a quick summary

Magazines 1-3 failed to feed the second round. Somehow one of the spent brass casings ended up inside the receiver.

Magazines 4 and 5 I only loaded with 26 rounds no problems.

Magazine 4 had a Failure to fire. Firing pin struck the primer (rim) but there was no discharge, that cartridge was difficult to extract.

Beyond that magazine there were no other failures of any kind and I began loading the magazines with the full 27 rounds.

I was using a mixture of Federal and Winchester Super X.

I enjoyed the hell out of it since I finally got to put some lead down range. I'm impressed with the accuracy. I started out letting my mother pop some cans at 25 yards, then zeroed in my scope and played around shooting twigs with a couple of mags (firing into a 2' diameter oak log)

Then I decided to stretch its legs a bit. I walked out to the edge of the property and put a brick upright 145 yds away. I had one flyer 3" left and destroyed the brick with the next 4 shots. Then I carried another brick out there and blowed it up :D. Then I carried a half a cinder block out there and started plinking. It was shooting about 2" left and 4 inches low. I found my point of aim and put 4 shots into the same crater on the face of the block, It shattered on the 5th, Then I just started shooting pieces until there was nothing left big enough to shoot at. THAT was fun!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom