WTS-Freedom Gunworks Custom limited

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45man

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Wesson, Ms
    Cobalt plated, titanium nitride coated kkm barrel, SV tri-glide trigger, aluminum grip and a Dawson Ice magwell. 40 cal. With less than 1000 rds through it, asking 2800 or best offer also comes with 2 STI mags W/ Dawson basepads. Email is miller2172@yahoo. Com or contact me by phone @ 601-669-1321 or 601-894-1585
    Thanks, Aaron Miller

J

jayd

Hey Aaron,
    You need to get a stock example pic or a pic of your gun up in the Firearms classified section
    If not they have a more generic section that it will get moved to

Also, Welcome aboard

Last edited by a moderator:

FreedomGunworks

"Fearless"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Camilla, GA
    Here's a picture of what the gun looked like when it left my shop.

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

Because of the history of this gun and the work performed by the current owner, it has NO warranty from Freedom Gunworks. I am not and cannot be held responsible for anything related to this gun. Freedom Gunworks guns have Limited Lifetime Warranties, this particular gun is excluded from that due to the nature of what has happened. The details can be found in this post on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/USAMU...38?sk=wall#!/note.php?note_id=186728721377997

It was recently brought to my attention that there is an owner of a Freedom Gunworks custom built Limited gun that was unhappy with the product. Notice I did not call this individual a customer, because he's not. He won the gun in question off of a prize table at a USPSA Sectional match. A friend overheard this person telling others how crappy the workmanship of the gun was and even went as far as saying "he could have built a better gun himself".

When the gun was originally built, we had received several bad barrel link from EGW. One found its way into this gun and failed. I contacted EGW about this problem as everything about the link was in spec and it should not have broken. George told me they had some soft links and in turn sent me a new batch of replacement links and told me to discontinue using the ones I have here (big bag of links, thanks George!).

When the link broke, I asked the guy to return the gun to me so I could check it over. STI was going to donate some parts for this build for the Sectional but 3 weeks before the match when the parts had not arrived I pulled them out of my inventory. I told the match staff for this match that I was going to build a gun for them, so that's what I did. 100% of that gun came out of my pocket until 2 days before the match when a frame and bbl arrived from STI. Even still, the rest of that gun -$200 came from my store inventory, even the KKM bbl that was used. Daniel Hidalgo of PLATE-TACULAR LLC donated the cobalt finish that was applied to the gun.

When the gun was returned to me, I noticed some surface discoloration on the top of the slide so when I replaced the bbl link with a new one from EGW, I sent the gun back to PLATE-TACULAR to be refinished. I put 200 rounds through the gun to verify the link and function of the gun before sending it to Daniel and I asked him to shoot it when he was finished as a final function test before returning it to the new owner. We both did, and the gun performed flawlessly for both of us. When the owner picked the gun up from Daniel, everything was in perfect running condition.

The next time I hear about the gun it's coming back to me that the guy was talking about the crappy quality of our gun builds. I sent the owner a text message to ask if there was a problem with the gun. He responded that he couldn't get it to run factory ammo. I thought it was well known that STI .40S&W guns favored longer ammo COAL, evidently there are people that don't know that. Atlanta Arms & Ammo manufactures a long loaded .40S&W load for that very reason. Benny Hill suggests ammo loaded @ 1.200" and we recommend 1.185" COAL. No biggie there, but then he adds to that when he got the gun back, it felt like it had gravel in the slide and was wearing the finish off. Mind you, over 100 people handled/fondled that gun at the Sectional in which it was given away and most commented on how slick and smooth the frame to slide fit was. The owner of the gun said he had over 5 hours polishing the gun so that it would run. He also commented that he "got it smoking now, new hammer, sear, disconnect, and a SV tri-glide trigger". None of those parts have anything to do with the function of the gun. Obviously, from the conversations I've had with the guy, he likes to tinker on his guns himself.

All of that to say our days of GIVING AWAY guns at matches are over. The actions of this one individual have disgusted me to the point that I wont build another one for someone to get for free then have them trash me or my business publicly without warrant or cause. If there was any truth to what he said, I'd take it like a man, but that's just it. No truth, all lies. I don't know what his agenda is, but he obviously has one. People commented that he was deserving, being poor and can't afford to buy one yourself doesn't make you deserving. Never again will someone so unappreciative receive a gun from me for free. I'm committed to building a gun for the Ohio State Match, 3-Gun ProAm, and for the Gator Classic, after that I'm done. As another note, our sponsorship to USPSA and "the sport" will be provided to and through our shooting team. Instead of donating money, certificates, or gear to matches, we'll be buying slots for our team members. They are ambassadors for both the sport and for Freedom Gunworks.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I'll bid $3, ftf. At least its worth that in metal weight after god knows what was done to it.

Who talks **** about the gun and the builder and then thinks it's worth $2800? If a "so called" POS is worth almost $3k, then I need to start selling my HK's for around $20k each.

I don't doubt that Freedoms guns are awesome, and I've never heard someone bitch that much about something they got for free. Sorry that had to suck you out of providing some FABULOUS giveaways. I'm not even a fan of those guns, I just like to shoot for fun, but I can truly respect what they are, how well they're built, and how fantacstically they perform the trask for which they were designed.

Last edited:

FreedomGunworks

"Fearless"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Camilla, GA
    I'll bid $3, ftf. At least its worth that in metal weight after god knows what was done to it.

Who talks **** about the gun and the builder and then thinks it's worth $2800? If a "so called" POS is worth almost $3k, then I need to start selling my HK's for around $20k each.

I don't doubt that Freedoms guns are awesome, and I've never heard someone bitch that much about something they got for free. Sorry that had to suck you out of providing some FABULOUS giveaways. I'm not even a fan of those guns, I just like to shoot for fun, but I can truly respect what they are, how well they're built, and how fantacstically they perform the trask for which they were designed.

For the record Ryan, our 5" guns start at $2200.00. You could probably get the above pictured gun, NEW from our shop with a limited lifetime warranty, for less than $2800.00. The aluminum grip on the giveaway gun made the value go up a bit, but...

FreedomGunworks

"Fearless"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Camilla, GA
    Who did the extra work after it left Freedon Gunworks?

The current owner claims to have 5 hours of polishing/sanding work on the gun. He also claims the Cobalt finish applied by Daniel Hidalgo of Plate-Tacular is coming off the gun in chunks. So much for "honesty through disclosure" in his listing. He claimed the gun felt like it had gravel in the slide. The 100+ people that handled the gun at the Alabama Sectional would argue that claim as well. He also told me the safety fell out of the gun while he was shooting it. I'm still trying to figure that one out myself so if anyone else out there knows how this is physically possible in a 1911/2011 with an ambi safety, please let me know! :bs:

dominick2417

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    New Orleans
    Is the OP even the basher, or did he get it from the basher? Why is everyone bashing him in his thread? Anywhere else and those bashers would get bashed.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Background info on an expensive gun like this is very handy, IMO... Bashing-esque or not, the info, especially related to the warranty, is very important to a potential buyer.

^ This...

And considering that myself, Spanky and several others are in the shooting community, Bobby does good work. Daniel does good work also. My G34 I shoot for production was coated by Daniel, Jeremys G34 he shoots for production was coated by Daniel too, no issues.

If I'm gonna drop that much coin, I would definitely like to know about things like this.

From a mod standpoint, the thread stays...

FreedomGunworks

"Fearless"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Camilla, GA
    I hope that my commentary doesn't come across as bashing. That was never my intent. The issue I have here is that gun has my name on the side of it. I wanted any potential buyers to understand, in advance, my stance on this particular firearm. I Ran 200 rounds out of it, with witnesses, before it left my shop. The only reason I can think of Mr. Miller being upset is maybe from him calling me and asking me if any mags came with the gun. I told him no and he kind of acted like I was inconveniencing him at that point. He asked me what mags would cost and I told him the components cost $108 to put a mag together the way I would. I guess he thought the $54 STI mag was a better value, I don't know. All I know is word got back to me that he was talking poorly about me behind my back at the Miss Classic. Never did he call me on the phone and complain of a single problem, nor did he call Daniel. Not once.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Hopefully the potential buyer has enough sense to contact Freedom Gunworks before he buys, I know I would if I was buying a custom gun to ensure that what the buyer is telling me is the truth.

So sad this happened though, I played with the AWESOME gun that Mr. Curtis has and I cannot believe this person feels the way he does, its bad that it screwed it all up for the rest though, but from a business stand point I totally understand about the NO MORE FREEBIES policy.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    If anyone has any question about Freedom Gunworks work, you can contact dmh, Bayouslide, spanky, or myself to see examples.

45man

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Wesson, Ms
    Thanks for blowing things out of proportion ! First off I have never said anything about chunks of the finish coming off, but what I did say is some of the finish was starting to come off on the inside of the slide. Bobby I called you and we discussed everything I thought things were settling down, reckon I was wrong.
    Yes, I have polished the rails, ramp, and the barrel chamber, but I haven't altered the gun other than getting it to meet my needs. If anyone would like to see pics or video of the gun Please visit my Facebook page it's there. I just ran the gun at the Ok limited Championship with out any problems!
    Bobby I also asked if you wanted your name off the gun, all we had to do is swap slides without your name on it. Be glad to do so, but with all this I reckon I'll just have to keep it and shoot it, which is not a problem. Most of y'all see me and shoot with me at these local matches around here and if anyone see's me they are more than welcome to look and handle the gun.
    If I wasn't at work I would be able to post several pics for yall to see.
    Thanks Again Bobby

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom