WTS: Jap Arisaka 7.7mm Rifle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgrshooter

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    New Orleans
    I'm selling a WWII Era Japanese Arisaka 7.7 mm bolt action rifle. It's seen combat use and you can tell by the outward appearance, but has shot fine for me. The ammo is a bit expensive for me to shoot and took a while for me to come around to selling this. My great uncle brought it back from the war and it has been somewhat of a family heirloom since, therefore my asking price will be firm so that I don't feel bad selling it. The rifle comes with the sling and about 2 boxes(34 rds) of $30.00 Norma 180 grain 7.7mm ammo.
    I'm asking $175 and only FTF in the Baton Rouge area.

SANY0952.jpg

SANY0953.jpg

SANY0954.jpg

SANY0955.jpg

<br>
    If the zombies get smart enough to fly planes, you have a nifty little flip up sight to use when shooting them down :D

Last edited:

tgrshooter

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    New Orleans
    Where would I find this build date? The only writing I see is in Japanese...can't figure that one out. It does have a little black plastic thing added to the butt...i'm guessing the original end got lost....whatever you call that.
    The Uncle who actually got the rifle I don't know much about, he passed away before I was born. Next time I talk to my dad, I'll get him to refresh my memory. He brought it back for his brother (my other great uncle). He was with the Army air-corps and did mechanical work. I know he was stationed in North Africa with the RAF. He used to tell us how aggravated he would get when all the brits would drop everything at 3 p.m. to have tea.

My uncles brought back several neat guns and souvenirs, my dad ended up with most the guns as he was the only of the kids who had a passion for gun collecting. He had to sell most due to financial reasons, but has held on to a .30 cal carbine which is his fav and a German Mauser which takes an act of congress for me to get to shoot :)

Last edited:

tgrshooter

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    New Orleans
    From what I understand, the soldiers were ordered to scratch off the chrysanthemum before surrendering so that nobody would possess "imperial property" I also read that Gen. MaCarthur agreed to have the mums' taken off any rifle's his soldiers possessed. On my rifle, theres an akward little piece of metal welded on the receiver where the stamp was, if you look closesly (this picture sucks) you can see the very edge of the stamp still on the left hand side:
    SANY0956.jpg

Pops

Old but not dead .
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    EBR Parish
    Please don't take offense at this , but $250 is a little steep considering the condition and the fact that it's been sporterized .

Pops

Old but not dead .
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    EBR Parish
    I read your post , but since you are selling it , I didn't think the family heirloom part was a big deal . Good luck . I hope you get your price .

coltaholic

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Tampa Bay, florida
    I had one of these the my dad brought back in like new cond, I cut the barrel off and put it in a Fajen stock in the early 60's, and it was my deer/ hog/ rabbit gun for 20 years. It was an exceptional shooter after i got it crowned, and this would make a great loaner gun or truck gun or only gun for the money.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom