WTS: S&W Pre Model-17(Shipped in 1957) *Price Drop*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chitch1225

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hey guys, I think this classic belongs on smithandwesson-forum but i thought i would put it up here before i deal nationally. I know we have some S&W collectors on here, and this is a collectors item.

This is a 98% Smith & Wesson Pre Model-17 K-22, arguably the most accurate 22LR ever produced. It is a 6" barrel, comes with original S&W Grips and shoots just as good today as it did in 1957. 1957 was the last year they produced unmarked revolvers. The Serial is K299XXX if you would like to look it up in the S&W Catalog and read up on it. I rarely take this beauty out, so it is in near perfect condition.

I have put maybe 250 rounds down the pipe, the guy that had it before me never really shot it, he was an old WWII vet that just kept it around the house for protection. The gun has adjustable range sights, but they are pretty much dead on right now. I prefer F2F on the Northshore, but i will ship it to your FFL if need be, you pay shipping and PayPal fees. The bluing is in great shape, only light surface markings on one side, that's why i say 98%.

The price is was $800, now $725. Sorry No TRADES

0vcdtcvt62aw75l4ju1.jpg

gi6emmo78opz8wytj8p9.jpg

kozqi27t92jrk4elcyzu.jpg

03ytsfu8uen8hzonxyxi.jpg

mhox6ghvjjkukoambulw.jpg

Last edited:

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    +1 for what you said! If it indeed is pitting then you can't rate the pistol at 98%. You might want to visit here and rethink your rating! Beautiful pistol and a great shooter to say the least!

http://www.armchairgunshow.com/Condition-NRA-Guns.htm

Uh... your "light surface markings" look like the onset of pitting to me. If not, they'll clean right off with a #2 lead pencil and a bit of earl. You tried that?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom