WTS/WTT: sten mk II kit with mags and extras

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djrpm

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have a complete (less front sight blade) sten mk II kit with t style buttstock that was hacksaw cut and in great condition. The bore has strong lands and grooves and is in great condition. All threads and notches are in excellent condition as well.

Also included are 8 mags, a repro 7 mag bandolier, and a repro pistol grip stock.

The following parts have british broad arrow proofs:
    Lower receiver
    T buttstock
    spring cap/stock button

Price: spf

Trades (in parts):
    - ruger 10/22
    - mossberg model 44 US trainer
    - sks
    - Romanian, hungarian, polish m44
    - Romanian ak kit
    - Yugo M70 kit
    - 7.62x54R ammo
    - 8mm ammo
    - 7.62x39 ammo
    - 9mm ammo (preferably winchester, monarch, or fiocchi brass cased)
    - springfield xd9 16rd mags
    - ar and ak mags
    - millet dms-1 scope

You can email me at djrpm@cox.net

I am located in Baton Rouge

Last edited:

djrpm

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The parts needed to make this functional are a new receiver tube if you are doing a full auto build. However, a full auto build in your backyard so to speak is illegal unless you have an atf approved manufacturers license that allows you to build machine guns.

You can build these into semi auto weapons. There are semiauto tubes on the market that have reduced innder diameters so that one does not use the original bolt. Also, a new bolt must be obtained, or you can machine the original to turn it into a closed bolt design. There are companies that provide all of the atf approved items needed to build a semi auto sten. However, if you choose to come up with your own semi auto design, you must submit it for approval. Here is where I thought of ordering from:

http://www.indianapolisordnance.com/sten_mk2.html

Receiver tubes can be obtained from many different sources such as prexis, but I wanted a one stop shop on everything. You can also make your own receiver tube that does not need to be serialized. Building this will be like building an ak with from a flat. The tubes from the previous website are 80% receivers which means they can be shipped to you and not an ffl. Of course, you have to make a few cuts. The good thing about indianapolis ordnance is that all the hard work such as welding the ejector and cutting the curved edges are already done for you. Again, you can do it cheaper by starting with your own completely uncut blank.

You would need atleast the first two items from indianapolis ordnance. I am including the pistol grip so that you do not have to sbr (short barrel rifle) the build. If not, you can buy the 16" barrel.

You can also buy parts from Sarco Inc. and aa-ok.com . This is where the front sight blade can be obtained.

I have since lost interest in this project. That is why I am selling/trading it.

I hope this explains it. I researched on gunboards about the legality of the build and contacted Indianapolis Ordinance to inquire about this project. They said it can be done and takes very few skills to put together like cutting off some of the old receiver tube and welding on the new one.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom