WTS: YHM Phantom 5.56 Suppressor SPF

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usp45ss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    SPF...Up for sale is my Yankee Hill 5.56 Phantom suppressor. It is in excellent shape with around 350 rounds through it. It will include one QD mount that is threaded 1/2x28" to use on your ar-15's. I will also include a tan pouch from Battlecloth to protect the can and hold your paperwork.

I've got more suppressors than I need so this one needs to go. How about $450? If I remember right, these sell for around $550 new. Payment with either discreet paypal (if you cover the fees +3.5%) or certified funds. This is on a form 4 so it will transfer directly to any individual within the state. The buyer is responsible for the $200 tax to the ATF. I rarely go to south LA, but I can meet up halfway with the buyer after the transfer is complete. Email me at usp45ss@yahoo.com if interested or if you have any questions. SPF...

DSCN1595.jpg

Last edited:

Conceyted

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Metairie, LA
    Okay, so for 200 dollars you get to transfer your form 4 to another person? Does that mean all I would be responsible for is a transfer fee of 200 and the cost of the supressor $450? What is the total procedure and how long does it generally take? I assume this is a much quicker process than the steps necessary to purchase a new unit?

usp45ss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Okay, so for 200 dollars you get to transfer your form 4 to another person? Does that mean all I would be responsible for is a transfer fee of 200 and the cost of the supressor $450? What is the total procedure and how long does it generally take? I assume this is a much quicker process than the steps necessary to purchase a new unit?

Correct. $450 to me then $200 to ATF. In Louisiana, you have to do paperwork with the state police before you can submit the form 4. It will generally add 3-4 weeks onto a transfer. Last I heard, form 4 transfers are running anywhere from 4-6 months right now. Somebody else may know a little more about that. It will generally be faster than buying a can from out of state either from another dealer or ordering from the manufacturer.

General procedure is found here: http://bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2545

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    This may make a difference... IF I remember correctly... this is one of those instances where a 18 year old can buy a suppressor (Check your facts/laws)

But i BELIEVE the Personal in the state sale qualifys...

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I'm buying a .22 suppressor from this same seller, basically I have paid for it and he holds it until I get all of the approved paperwork back from the ATF.

yarbsea

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Bossier
    I'm seriously not trying to step on your toes, but I want to know what the deal is. Why does your can look different than the version shown around YHM website? Is it older? And Major Malfunction is selling these for $450 new, is this something else? Or why do you want the same price used ?

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Is it legal for someone to Pay you the money (450) but you hold it until they can get the 200 together?

It's legally his suppressor until you present your approved form 4. If it takes you 5 years to do it I don't see why the seller would mind. Unless he is selling because he is moving to an unfriendly state soon. But I don't think that is the case here.

Born4spd

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    I'm seriously not trying to step on your toes, but I want to know what the deal is. Why does your can look different than the version shown around YHM website? Is it older? And Major Malfunction is selling these for $450 new, is this something else? Or why do you want the same price used ?

A PM would have lowered the weight on his toes a bit. :o

usp45ss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Shreveport, LA

Let me see if I can handle this politely.

The can is about 2 years old. It has a different tube than the newer models. The newer models came out in the past year or so. There was no change in the internals that I know of only the external tube. Essentially, it is the same can.

If you order from Major Malfunction, you have to wait another 2 months for the LSP paperwork and form 3 to go through. You will also have to pay your dealer around $100 for a transfer fee bringing the grand total to over $550 with shipping, fees, etc.

As to my price, I didn't research the web looking for the cheapest price beforehand. MSRP is $550. Last I checked, I can ask anything I want for it. I started at $450 because I paid $510 for it before a transfer fee. It is in basically new shape with not many rounds through it.

usp45ss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Sorry for taking awhile to get back to this post. Been working nights this week.

The can has to stay with me until it is fully transfered. As long as I get payment for the can, I don't care if the buyer needs to save up the $200 to send to the ATF. That is between them and the ATF. The can just has to stay with me until an approved form 4 shows up in my mailbox.

The price is now $400.

I'll walk the buyer through the transfer process as well.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom