WTT: 338 edge build for 223

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jlong

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Prairieville, La
    I was working on a 338 edge setup, and now my wife would like to get into long range precision shooting.

I have a 7mm ultra mag, Richard's black widow prone style stock, and stainless McGowen 32"x1 1/4" barrel blank in 338. I would like to trade these things for a nice bolt 223 or 243, or something comparable. Must have heavy barrel. 6.5x284 or other low recoil long range rounds are acceptable as well.

I also have 100 virgin 300 ultra cases I was going to form for the edge.

If you want an extreme long range gun, all you would need to do is nail down your smith to put it together. I can recomend one if need be, that is already familiar with this build.

The rifle, and stock are at the smiths home in Baton Rouge, and the barrel has been promised to ship out by Tuesday from McGowen. Spoke with them today. If nothing has been worked out by the time I get the barrel, and what not. I will finish the build, and sell it afterwards.

Make offers if interested, and please no lowball offers. The 7mm is complete working rifle with a total of 14 rounds down the tube.

I have done a great deal of research on the edge, and would be glad to update anyone if needed.

Last edited:

jlong

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Prairieville, La
    I will have to get by my Smith's house to get pics of the 7rum, and stock. Possibly this weekend, The barrel will be shipped out from McGowen by Tuesday next week. Should be here by the end of next week. If I do not find a trade, and have to complete the build, I will at that time post pics of the completed rifle, and asking price will be 2300.00 for brass, and all.

For anyone interested my cell number is 225-270-9715. I work from 9am-6:30pm Mon-Fri, off work all weekend.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom