WW2 history

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    The Germans also had a manned weather station on Peanut Island, just inside the Palm Beach Inlet and the Port of Palm Beach, Florida. When the Germans (one officer, one NCO, and two sailors) got the radio message to surrender they got in their small boat and putted in to the Palm Beach Coast Guard station with a white flag flying! They tied up to the pier, laid their weapons down, and stood there with their hands up. It took several minutes for the Coasties to figure out what the heck was happening! The fact that the Germans had their forces stationed on our shores was hushed up quickly. My grandfather was standing there when it happened.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    There were two things that amazed me. First the weather staton thing. But AOL is still in business? Wow!

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ahamay79

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2013
    New Roads
    My grandfather was a shrimper and saw a couple of U-boats south of Fourchon during WWII. One surfaced at dusk close enough for him to hear them talking to each other on the deck. He said if they would have seen a radio antenna they would have sunk him for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom