WW2 rifles,

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Winterborn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    Alexandria LA
    hiya all,just getting into C&R I blame the fact my grandfather had control over the TV so I grew up watching ww2 movies. I'm looking at getting either a K98 or
    m1 garand ,Something i can show off to my grandfather and have him recgonize.

anyways the questions i have are fairly simple I know C&R can get expensive but i just want to know whats the average price I should expect to pay for either one and any suggestions where or whom to buy from.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    K98's are drying up. You might still be able to find Russian captured K98's for under $300. The best way to get inexpensive Garand would be to look at the Civilian Markmenship Program. I good shape regular Garand would be about $900 unless you get it from CMP which I think is running under $600 right now.

Dave

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    hiya all,just getting into C&R I blame the fact my grandfather had control over the TV so I grew up watching ww2 movies. I'm looking at getting either a K98 or
    m1 garand ,Something i can show off to my grandfather and have him recgonize.

anyways the questions i have are fairly simple I know C&R can get expensive but i just want to know whats the average price I should expect to pay for either one and any suggestions where or whom to buy from.

Like Dan said I got a 1954 SA Service Grade Garand from CMP for $595. Pictures are in the thread below:

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18210

I am going to get a new stock for it from CMP because I saw how pretty LSP972's is. However I will keep the orginal and work on getting the cosmo out of it.

If you go to the CMP website here they have the different grades and prices. There are also discusion forums there and you can learn more then you ever thought possbile about these rifles..

I have a Nazi K98 from 1942 that I bought from a member here. They go for roughly $300 - $350.

I love my C&R rifles from WWII but my wife laughs at me because I am like a little kid with a new toy everytime I pick up a new one.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    Just ordered a Springfield M1 Garand and H&R M1 Garand from the CMP. Both are service grades and are $595 each. I highly recommend going this route and don't procrastinate like I did and missed the opportunity to get them when they were $165. JUST DO IT!!!!!!!! :D:D

Winterborn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    Alexandria LA
    heh well seems to be right up my price tag...how does ordering from the cmp work exactly?

and is there any other surplus rifles in the 300-600 dollar range,the more i read about m1 carbines and lee enfields the more i want them,just have to pick the right one as my first you know

Last edited:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    The website has all the requirements.

Generally, you have to show proof of citizenship/age, be a member of an affiliated club such as the LSA (Louisiana Shooting Association), you have to have proof of marksmanship (I used my CHP) & be legally eligible to purchase a firearm.

You send in all that stuff with your order for whatever rifle you want.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    All the requirements and forms you need are on the CMP.com website. It is not that difficult at all, just have to make your mind up to do it. :cool:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Pick up a few Russian Moison Nagant's while they're still at give away prices ($100). Ammo is dirt cheap also. Enfields are reasonable and also great shooters, though surplus ammo is scarce.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I just scored 300 rounds of quality 303 most of it South African from the early 1980's with reloading dies for $125 late last year from a BS member. :)

Dave

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    J&G Sales (good company to deal with) has Mosin Nagants for $79.95 and up, Enfield No4 Mk1s for $239.95, and K98s for $299.95. Someone already mentioned the CMP for Garands.

Top Bottom