WWII Footage *Romano Archives*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Yep! Never saw any of that footage. Spectacular!

And that was the first film I've ever seen that showed actual glider defense poles in the fields; and attacks on horse drawn transports.

They really lit some of those horses up.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I thought it disjointed and watched the first five minutes or so.

They jump all over the place. Some shots appeared to be animations. The German AAA shots appear staged.

The initial air raid appears to be on Ploiesti and the shots are familiar but I saw WW2 footage as news reels in theaters at the time they were real news. ;)

I'll see what my buddies on the WW2 list think.
    :eh:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    And that was the first film I've ever seen that showed actual glider defense poles in the fields; and attacks on horse drawn transports.

Yea saw that. The fire for effect was on par too in this clip.

Also the Low Crawl Flame Thrower to splash a Machine Gun Bunker around 13:00

Last edited:

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Yep! Never saw any of that footage. Spectacular!

The German Army was primarily horse-drawn as was the Soviet's

I've seen pics of glider defense poles, etc, on New Guinea.

A friend was in the 321st Glider Field Artillery supporting 1st Bn 506th Inf, 101st Airborne, the same outfit in Band of Brothers. His granddaughter is fixing to be commissioned into whatever the Nursing Corps is called now. He glided into Market Garden.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The German Army was primarily horse-drawn as was the Soviet's

I've seen pics of glider defense poles, etc, on New Guinea.

A friend was in the 321st Glider Field Artillery supporting 1st Bn 506th Inf, 101st Airborne, the same outfit in Band of Brothers. His granddaughter is fixing to be commissioned into whatever the Nursing Corps is called now. He glided into Market Garden.

Ever since I played one of the Medal of Honor series games that was centered around "Market Garden"; I've always wanted to see actual examples of the glider poles. In this game series is a chapter where you see them everywhere in the fields. I knew they were real but never actually saw them on ANYTHING I've seen till now. What a weird scene that had to be in the meadows of France leading up to D-Day.

Oh, and the dead horses and cows everywhere in the game too. Watching those fighters strafe those fields and the horse drawn transports, makes it all come to life.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Ever since I played one of the Medal of Honor series games that was centered around "Market Garden"; I've always wanted to see actual examples of the glider poles. In this game series is a chapter where you see them everywhere in the fields. I knew they were real but never actually saw them on ANYTHING I've seen till now. What a weird scene that had to be in the meadows of France leading up to D-Day.

Oh, and the dead horses and cows everywhere in the game too. Watching those fighters strafe those fields and the horse drawn transports, makes it all come to life.

The Original COD Series was very accurate with settings and language as well. I was impressed.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The Original COD Series was very accurate with settings and language as well. I was impressed.

Videos have come along way since then, but you are correct. They were well done. Me and my kid had a blast palying them.

Don't forget; "The bread is delicious!" :D

We had alot of laughs with that one.

Top Bottom