Wyoming Hunting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LaPipeliner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Albany, La
    Anyone ever hunt in the Casper Wyoming areas? If so, any advice? I am leaving tomorrow and will be working in Casper until sometime in November. I am bringing a variety of weapons with me and hoping to get to do some hunting while I am there.

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Bring the rifle you are comfortable shooting the furthest with. Open rolling hills with nothing to hide behind so not much chance of getting really close. Casper Mt. is heavily wooded but is a state park I believe so no go there. It is defenately worth a drive up though as the overlook above town is nice and you should see deer. You will see antelope off the side of the interstate all the time and even some deer in town. Go eat at Fire Rock on the east end of Second St. It is a really nice atmosphere with good food. There is a good Italian restaurant down tow as well.

You are only about 5 hours from YellowStone. I HIGHLY recommend making a trip. The West part of the state is totally different than the East side. Check out the Tetons too, they boarder the south side of Yellowstone.

Taiaut

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Lake Charles,La.
    An ice chest full of BIG shrimp will get you into the finest antelope hunting. Bring a 3-500 yd rifle too. Most ranchers love for you to shoot prairie dogs.
    Now if somebody could just do something about the wind.......

4sooth

enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Wyoming is divided into numbered "hunting areas". All hunting is by lottery--even for residents. Decide where you want to hunt and apply for a tag. You have to send the money in up front--if you are not drawn the money is refunded. There are "general hunting" areas which only require a general hunting license--but there is a catch--many of them are "land locked"--surrounded by private land. Wyoming law says the state may not force a private land holder to grant access to state land. North of Casper is an 18,000 acre general hunting area completely surrounded by private property--a virtual private preserve for the landowners to sell guided hunts on. My father-in-law lives in area 40--right across the street is area 41. He is overrun with whitetail and turkey!!

Last edited:

Taiaut

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Lake Charles,La.
    -but there is a catch--many of them are "land locked"--surrounded by private land. Wyoming law says the state may not force a private land holder to grant access testate land. North of Casper is an 18,000 acre general hunting area completely surrounded by private property--a virtual private preserve for the landowners to sell guided hunts on.

That is what the shrimp are for. Worked for me.

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Just got back from Wyoming.

There are some beautiful drives on the west side of the state.

If you want to hunt anywhere on the eastern 3/4 of the state, make sure you bring a gun you're comfortable shooting over 300 yards.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I'm up here in Rawlings right now, didn't bring a rifle, didn't think I would be up here this long. And the prong horned antelope are everywhere

Top Bottom