Wyoming joins ranks of Constitutional Carry

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Countryman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    Lafayette
    While Wyoming has never regulated the open carry of a firearm, concealed carry was regulated and required a permit issued by the state. But not anymore. Wyoming’s ‘Constitutional Carry’ bill went into effect today propelling Wyoming into the elite group of states that allow citizens to carry a concealed firearm without requiring a permit in order to do so.

Original article:

http://monachuslex.com/?p=95

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Surely I won't b the only one that has a question here. I love the Constitution, I really luv BOR...# 2 in particular BUT...I have seen enough newbies at gun ranges, shows and in public to have a natural fear of persons unfamiliar with weapons handling them all on their own.

Also, w/o some form of training there are laws, customs, definitions...all sorts of carrying a gun stuff that will get missed

There have been any number of discussion threads, here and elsewhere...and the answers are pretty much uniform...some for some again

I claim neither...in my book the info could be put out in non mandatory classes and writing...if you don't do the work and screw up...it's on you

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    A gun is still a gun whether it's in full view or tucked neatly under your shirt in an $80 holster. The problem I have with the school of thought that wants some type of training for CC, is in most places there is none required for anything else!?!

Countryman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    Lafayette
    A gun is still a gun whether it's in full view or tucked neatly under your shirt in an $80 holster. The problem I have with the school of thought that wants some type of training for CC, is in most places there is none required for anything else!?!

Gun safety perhaps at a minimum for those not taught common sense by their father, uncle, mentor, etc. Sorry if left out the mothers

biggin215

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Do all of the citizens who paid for a CCP get their money back?

No because constitutional carry does not have reciprocity with other states. Even if there was constitutional carry here in Louisiana I would still get the permit so I can carry in Texas, Arkansas, Florida, Mississippi, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, etc, etc, etc....

Countryman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    Lafayette
    No because constitutional carry does not have reciprocity with other states. Even if there was constitutional carry here in Louisiana I would still get the permit so I can carry in Texas, Arkansas, Florida, Mississippi, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, etc, etc, etc....

^
    A point well made

Top Bottom