XD to Glock Making the switch for USPSA Production. Gear Questions.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    I have been using my XD40 for production while planning on getting a XDm-525. I ended up in a deal I that I will have a new G34 to use for production and will be starting from scratch go get my gear. In the past I have used a Blackhawk Serpa :eek3: and two XD gear double mag pouches. I never thought I had any issues with the serpa until I watched a video of a match where I frequently tugged at the holster when I thought I was manipulating the release.

It seems that most recommend the Bladetech DOH, is this correct? any others to recommend?

What about recommendations on mag pouches? I have not had any issues with the xdgear double but do not care for the opposed direction that they sit at. I think they would be better off facing the same direction for a repeatable removal grip.

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    Ready Tactical DOH holster

CR Speed pouches

Have you ever used the blade tech? If so, what is it about the ready tactical that you prefer?

While I like the cr speed pouches, @ $33 per and needing to buy 4, it is a little more than I want to spend right now. Are there any other comprable ones at a better price or is this a buy once and be done type deal?

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I bought a BladeTech for a G34/35, and the pistol sat 2.25" from the inside of the belt. I contacted BladeTech, and their solution was to remove the "drop" part of the holster. I sent it back for credit and bought the Ready Tactical. The pistol sits EXACTLY 2" from the inside of the belt. I am happy with the RT.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Have you ever used the blade tech? If so, what is it about the ready tactical that you prefer?

While I like the cr speed pouches, @ $33 per and needing to buy 4, it is a little more than I want to spend right now. Are there any other comprable ones at a better price or is this a buy once and be done type deal?
    for me the major difference was that there is no ledge to bang your thumb on whenever you are drawing.

definitely a buy once and be done but don't think you need them. you can get some cheapo blade-tech singles for 20 a pop or something of that nature.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    He sold me on the Ready Tactical for the same reason-- and it's legit.

The newest generation of BT DOH doesn't impede the thumb nearly as much as the first iteration, but it definitely still made a difference to me. I get much more consistent draws out of the Ready Tactical without a doubt.

Top Bottom