XDm 5.25 or 4.5

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rm105629

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Houston
    I'm looking at XDm's in 9mm for a range/HD gun and possibly for competition in the future. Are the new 5.25's worth an extra $100? Or should I just get the 4.5? I don't have any experience with the 5.25 model, so I was wondering if they offer any significant advantages or improvements over the 4.5's.

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    XDm in 9mm is a gun I hope to get for myself one day soon. I'd go with the 4.5 inch purely because I don't like the way the longer barrel extends past the polymer frame. Just doesn't look as good IMO. For competition though...I'd assume 5.25 is the way to go in terms of accuracy.

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    If you want to make it a dedicated production gun get the 5.25. If it's mostly range, HD, and some production get the 4.5.

mahamoti

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Walker, LA
    XDm in 9mm is a gun I hope to get for myself one day soon. I'd go with the 4.5 inch purely because I don't like the way the longer barrel extends past the polymer frame. Just doesn't look as good IMO. For competition though...I'd assume 5.25 is the way to go in terms of accuracy.
    There's a good deal on one in the classifieds... *hint hint*

Rm105629

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Houston
    Guess I'll try to wait a little longer and get a 5.25 since I already have a nightstand gun and will probably use it for range and (hopefully) competition. Felt up a few along with some glocks and m&p's at the gun show today. It's a shame the glocks don't fit my hand well.

Top Bottom