Xs big dot sights....your thoughts?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    This thread helped make my mind up for my new 43. Was already leaning to the trijicon but had always heard things about the XS.

automan71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    New Iberia
    Tried a friends pistols with a big dot front and the V-style rear sight...1911 and glock 19...not for me! I much prefer my Ameri-glo plain black rear/orange dot front w tritium insert on my G19!

xx v0odo0 xx

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    I wish I liked them more.... Sure would be a whole lot cheaper than Trijicon HD sights. The orange HD seems to be fastest acquisition for my eyes.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I utilize XS sights on...

P99AS
    PPQm2
    PPK/s
    S&W 640 J-Frame
    Ruger LCR9
    Glock 19
    Glock 30SF
    AR-15 (RTS & Post/carry handle)
    and more.

I love the XS Standard and Big Dot sights. Personally I get a lot better target acquisition and recovery from them. However, everything with firearms is a personal preference. If you like them, go for it... never outfit your tool or employ your weapon based on Magazines, opinions or fads. Do your research and see what YOU like... same with your carry style, Holsters, Grips, Handguards, Triggers, etc.

In the same fashion, I wouldn't dump money on a rifle or pistol just because it was on the cover of this month's issue of Recoil (you know who you are) or any other magazine. Try things out... experience several before you make your decision. Sure, get opinions and experiences, but in the end, make your own and judge for yourself.

I get asked DAILY, "What's the best this..." and "What do you carry..." or "Which one would you pick..." and my answers are always the same.

They do work great for me... Good luck in finding what works for you!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom