Yet another LCP thread....but a serious question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Damn....Ruger needs to get off their ass and make me a LCP in 7.62 x 39.....

...now THAT would be "snappy"....

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    One nice thing about the modern .380's (I'm not being brand specific) is that you can put them in a good pocket holster (I like the DeSantis Super Fly) and carry in any pocket without printing.

tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Hense the Glock 26.

WHat's that saying?:

Nothing's too small when you are carrying, or too big when your fighting.

Once Upon a time I carried a 1911 everywhere I went...

But ONCE IN A WILE....

I'd haveot take it off for some reason...

How EMBARASED would I be if 'I carry a BIG BAD .45' and I end up having to shoot someone with a little bitty .32... (Which was my BUG at the time)

(Humor obviously to stay ont he lighter side)

So I began trying ALL KINDS of pistols,
    Kahr, AMT, High Stnadard, Beretta, I don't even REMEMBER all of them...

Comes down to it... A J frame, or a Glock 26 is as small a gun as I'd want in a fight...

Now I LOVE S&W revolvers... but they don't hold a candle to a Glock when it comes to shooting... (I did an 'informal match' after an instructor class... and got my ass KICKED using my trusty .357 Bodyguard... I bought my first Glock 26 the next week)

But "J's" still have a place...

Smaller... take a look at it and ask yourself if you really want that ina fight!
    (I should note... I've still got a mousegun or 2 around, but since I don't wear the uniform anymore... I havn't seen a situation where I can't atleast Drop a Smith in a pocket...)

I think there are so many 'mouseguns' out because of 2 reasons:
    Cost
    Lazyness.

I've got a g17 g19 and g26 hence the handle tupperware 9mm,if I could only get a hold of the elusive 18 my life would be complete! but back to my original post in some situations like jogging or walking at night in gym shorts a 26 would have my pants on the ground!!:D
    by the way my state trooper friend says that the last insult you could give mr luvin it and thuggin it is to cap him with a double deuce, no honor in that I guess!

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I've got a g17 g19 and g26 hence the handle tupperware 9mm,if I could only get a hold of the elusive 18 my life would be complete! but back to my original post in some situations like jogging or walking at night in gym shorts a 26 would have my pants on the ground!!:D
    by the way my state trooper friend says that the last insult you could give mr luvin it and thuggin it is to cap him with a double deuce, no honor in that I guess!

I will admit... When I was on active duty I had my Kel Tec so that I could clip it and my Benchmade into my PT shorts when I went running on my own.

HOWEVER, sometimes I'd just slide my Kimber Pro Carry into my Camelback...
    That worked well.

It can be done.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I have the P32. The 32 acp actually has a pretty good rep for killing people. But not for stopping them immediately. Again I'm carrying the Buffalo Bore 32 acp +P with 75 grain hard cast lead supposedly will penetrate 20 inches.

Dave

meisal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 30, 2007
    Benton, LA
    I carry either my glock 26 or 19 when i leave the house. But considering I work in my home office I started carrying the LCP. Sure makes moving around more comfortable throughout the day.
    Oh it shoots nice too.
    got a matching one for the wife and a little pink bag to carry it in.:)

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    I have pretty big hands, and the LCP was a little hard to control because i could only fit one full finger on it. I picked up a set of the pearce grip extensions, and it made a night and day difference. I can fit a full everythinbg but my pinky on it and it improved my accuracy alot.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I also have a p32. Got the light gray frame, hard chrome slide model as it looks very un-gun. I have the belt clip and carry right side kidney loaction, no holster.

I like the gun, and the ammo choices are ok. I would be interested in seeing some amoo data out of it, so links would be nice!!!

As far as feeling underguned, well sometimes it is 32 or nothing, and my hand to hand skillz are not really worth mentioning.

tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    I also have a p32. Got the light gray frame, hard chrome slide model as it looks very un-gun. I have the belt clip and carry right side kidney loaction, no holster.

I like the gun, and the ammo choices are ok. I would be interested in seeing some amoo data out of it, so links would be nice!!!

As far as feeling underguned, well sometimes it is 32 or nothing, and my hand to hand skillz are not really worth mentioning.

Here is a pretty good ballistic link.

http://www.brassfetcher.com/index_files/Page921.htm

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Great thoughts, guys...
    The quip about getting capped by the "deuce deuce" is pretty funny....:rofl:
    We all know that the .22 LR is "the little lion that can"- and has an awful lot of killing potential in the smallest package...

brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    It def does the trick!! Might go in the chest and come out the left buttock! Seen one do a number on a mans ..... um...manhood:eek3: He didn't need it anymore anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benh
    Top Bottom