You guys should go snag a Beretta 92 compact while ya can

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShipWreck

Beretta 92 Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Texas, but from Louisiana
    The 92 compact hasn't been imported in over 10 years. A couple of months ago - pow, they just appeared out of the blue. Beretta reps had no knowledge of them even being on store shelves, and there was no mention of it at the Shotshow or on the Beretta website.

Bud's had them first, and now Academy, Carter Country and a few other places (I only saw one at the Reliant gunshow).

Not sure how long these will be available, and then they may be gone for a long time again.

I managed to snag 2. And, strangely enough, I noticed last weekend that I could shoot the compact in rapid fire/doubletaps better than the fullsize. I assume its an issue with the shorter barrel coming back down faster than the gun with the longer slide and barrel.

Anyway, I was super impressed. I decided to carry a compact since last Monday - I switched back to my normal, fullsize 92FS on Sunday. And after an hour, I went back to the compact 92FS. I think its gonna be my new fulltime carry.

Once I get my M9A1 slide back from tooltech for night sight installation, I'll probably send off the slide of this 92 compact...

Anyway - what's the point of all my yabbering, ya ask? Well, this gun is actually super sweet! It shoots just as well as the fullsize 92FS, and even can doubletap better. There are also several grip options available for the 92 compact for now as well. And, CDNN sells the 13 round mags for a good price.

If ya ever thought you wanted a 92 one day - go get one of these now while ya still can!

compact-combo1.jpg

Last edited:

ShipWreck

Beretta 92 Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Texas, but from Louisiana
    No, you cannot dovetail a standard beretta front sight. They drill it, just like factory night sights. In fact, THEY do the factory nightsights on 92s for Beretta.

$150 + $16.70 return shipping, if I remember correctly.

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    No according to all the people at the Beretta Forum that went.

They introduced the compact PX4, however. That just came out. In between the fullsize and sub compact PX4s

Interesting I could have sworn I saw a shot vid on youtube where one of the Beretta guys mentioned it.

Top Bottom