Yuengling is now in LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    So, someone who regularly travels to Portland OR, and both coasts, Europe, Asia, Middle East, and Africa and has been drinking straight from microbreweries around the country longer than before the microbrew fad took off doesn't like IPA's hasn't had a good IPA? Abita is poo?

Whatever dude.

IPA is over hopped pisswater for hipsters. Enjoy it all you want.

Get off your high horse for a moment.

Abita Beer is crap, deal with it. They haven't had a good beer come out of that brewery in a long time.

Have you ever drank a fresh Heady Topper?
    What about a fresh can of Sip of Sunshine?
    Ever had Ghost in the Machine on release day?
    How about a fresh Jai Alai?

All four of those IPA's are completely different.

And before you freak out again, IPA's are not my favorite either, but you have to give credit where credit is due.

I'd rather be drinking KBS.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I too am on the non-IPA bandwagon. They are to hoppy for me to really enjoy so it kills any other subtle notes that maybe there to enjoy. Sometimes I think I just may be more sensitive to the bitterness of some hops than others and IPAs seem to hit that for me every time.

On the other hand give me a good hefeweizen and I am in heaven.

I have had a lot of good beer and some may think me a grocery store sellout but I still think a Leinie Summer Shandy is about he perfect hot summer day beer.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    Get off your high horse for a moment.

Abita Beer is crap, deal with it. They haven't had a good beer come out of that brewery in a long time.

Have you ever drank a fresh Heady Topper?
    What about a fresh can of Sip of Sunshine?
    Ever had Ghost in the Machine on release day?
    How about a fresh Jai Alai?

All four of those IPA's are completely different.

And before you freak out again, IPA's are not my favorite either, but you have to give credit where credit is due.

I'd rather be drinking KBS.

Abita's sales would beg to differ with your assessment, since we're giving credit where due.

I've drank many IPA's, DIPA's and so on. I don't like them. I throw that judgement down with Mayonnaise. I don't like Mayonnaise either. One particular brand is just as bad as any other.
    I can say the same for yogurt.
    I can say that for sour cream.

There are things I don't like. IPA's are overhopped pisswater to me. You can have my share.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    I don't like a highly hopped IPA either. I do like an American Pale Ale. Try one that is labeled as "Session". I like Founders All Day IPA. And don't try an IPA after drinking a couple of Bud Lights. Compared to Bud Light, it will taste too bitter. And if you drink a couple IPA's, don't follow up with a Bud Light, it will taste too sweet.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    As Foghorn Leghorn would say "I resemble that remark". I have tried 1 maybe 2 IPA's and it wasnt my thing. Now I enjoy good beer but there are so many choices of beer I know I like to take a chance to take a chance on something else tasting like **** water. I like pale ales, ambers, lagers, and when I'm hot and sweety a pilsner (may as well be water right). I'm sure I forgot something I like, but stouts and and many darks are just gross to me. I had an aquantence who claimed he liked guenness back in college so I said what the hell I try anything once. So I pickup a 4pack cause you know guenness is special and has to be different, and tried one. It tasted like sweaty ass. When he came over next I said hey theres some guenness in the fridge if you want it. We finally threw it out months later because no one would drink the **** water. Moral of the story a lot of people claim they like some random crap because they think its cool but in reality most people drink the same old swill. If you truely like some of those random beers great, but its south louisiana and its always hot as hell so most of the time you will find me drinking either a blue moon, canebreak, or miller lite. I guess I'm not very refined.

A side note if you like burbon Bookers is fairly cheap (compared to "good burbons") but it quite nice. And yes I prefer it on ice, but I try not to keep it from lingering for fear of watering it down.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I almost always buy at least one stout when I'm picking beers out. I DO NOT like Guiness. In fact, there are very few stouts under $8/bottle that I'd drink twice.

Tweek

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    madisonville, louisiana
    I've never had Yuengling so I'm actually looking forward to trying it when I get home from work. On another note, I agree with the fact that nothing good has come out of abita in a long time.. I think its more of a novelty for locals to buy the strawberry when it comes out. Same thing with Bayou Teche, tried several of theirs and not one I would buy again. Gnarley Barley is the best local brewery in my opinion, korova milk porter is awesome.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Most of the time I'm drinking a glass of bourbon, if I'm drinking beer around the house, I keep some miller lite in the fridge, like Whitebread said it's good on a hot day. I like the cane break, I've tried a few IPA's here and there, but they taste like I'm eating hops almost. I rarely drink heavy beer anymore. Bourbon or Scotch, or even some Irish Whiskey with some water around here, looks like I'm drinking less. LOL

Top Bottom