Zimmerman ~ NOT Guilty

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    THAT part I totally don't understand. it's like they've come to trial with no real case. Their witnesses are either backing up zimmerman's story, not really that relevant, or totally not credible. They don't have any hard evidence, and they seem to be building some weird circumstantial evidence. I don't get it.
    EXACTLY my point.....which has me flabbergasted.

How could such a HIGH STAKES case look so completely lopsided?

The kind of stuff doesn't even happen in the movies......lol

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Media Images floating around;

BN24eZZCAAIDqS8.jpg

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Alright. I'm not the only one a little perplexed here.

I wonder if Both sides lawyers ate lunch together.

Happens WAY more than most realize. As they should be able to in all honesty. Attorneys in the same town, same social circles probably. Same fraternities, same schools. I doubt 99% of the people that flow through the courtroom are thought of after the case. We're their job. It might be life changing for us, but day's work for them.

As long as I am treated fairly, I couldn't care less. And to think about it, if the lawyers are friendly, maybe there would be less cut throat slaughtering, more factual, less drama.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'm in denial. No way they came here this empty handed.

You are selectively forgetting the national phony outrage / race baiting / threat of violence campaign leading up to the forced arrest and coerced charges!

How do you build a case under those circumstances?

zbaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I'm in denial. No way they came here this empty handed.

You'd be surprised. I've unfortunately been around enough attorney's to know that they can come to court on their best day empty handed.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Happens WAY more than most realize. As they should be able to in all honesty. Attorneys in the same town, same social circles probably. Same fraternities, same schools. I doubt 99% of the people that flow through the courtroom are thought of after the case. We're their job. It might be life changing for us, but day's work for them.

As long as I am treated fairly, I couldn't care less. And to think about it, if the lawyers are friendly, maybe there would be less cut throat slaughtering, more factual, less drama.

Yea I was joking really. I an old roomate of mine is a Lawyer in BR. He said once that he and his friend were on different sides of the isle and sort of described it like you did. He said it was more about them vs the Jury and who could convince them of one side or the other and less about lawyer vs lawyer. Of course he also said there are still plenty of BIG time Rivalries between Lawyers and even Firms too. They get nasty according to him. i don't know all the jargon, but basically he described them doing things that required massive layovers and tons of paper work, then dropping that part of a case last second and filing another or something like that. He said they have to participate and treat it as real b/c if they say "aw they're just screwing with us, then they'll follow through and you'll be left with nothing to defend.

Like I said, that’s an awful paraphrase but you get the point.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You don't think this will be the catalyst for another LA style riot, do you?

You want a tin foil conspiracy theory?

A very high profile case, covered extensively all over the country, being watched my many. So prosecution (who had no reason to try GZ in the first place), shows the masses day after day how badly the case against GZ really is, and allows it to unfold slowly as for it not to be a shock when acquittal comes. :exnbp:

The problem with what you portend is people of little education, illiterate, dumb, vapid, clueless, ignorant, and all the other qualities that make up potential rioters, can't accept the truth even if they are hit in the face with it. :(

Last edited:

zbaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I know right? This seems to be important though b/c the State seems to be putting up a lengthy argument. They've been up there a while.

Maybe they are just having a hard time deciding where they are all going to go and get drinks after they get off tonight. :chuckles:

zbaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Discussion at the bench....."Hey guys, let's discuss this until 5:00, then go get drinks. That way we can all rack up charges for one more day...."

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    The problem with what you portend is people of little education, illiterate, dumb, vapid, clueless, ignorant, and all the other qualities that make up potential rioters, can't accept the truth even if they are hit in the face with it. :(

Especially when CNN keeps labeling some of the things these witnesses are saying as "small victories" for the prosecution.

Top Bottom