Zimmerman ~ NOT Guilty

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Malachi

Yes, I'm new.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Morgan City
    if someone had a gun.... in 4 min i could get at least half a mile away from you. even if you chased me. even if just a 1/4 mile, 1 lap around the track. you are not hitting anything with a pistol at 1,320 feet away.

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    oh, 300-450 feet in 4 minutes, ok that's much more right. That's a 100m dash lol. I guess I misheard. Working while listening.

You heard right. He said a mile in 4 minutes. The point was that TM was only 300-450 feet away so if some can get a mile in the same amount of time, he should have been able to travel that sort a distance away.

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    TM was passing through private property, showing that he had a right o be where ever he wanted, but GZ was not allowed to find an address, and told to stay in his vehicle!?!

I'm concerned about the rioting that will occur when GZ gets convicted. People who believe he's innocent are going to tear their neighborhoods apart. or not.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Well it turns out that the STATE DOES get the last word. Supposedly they get to rebuttal for no more than 1 hour? after the Defense is done, then the Judge can speak, then deliberations.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Well it turns out that the STATE DOES get the last word. Supposedly they get to rebuttal for no more than 1 hour? after the Defense is done, then the Judge can speak, then deliberations.

Other states may have this too, but I read this^ is specific to Florida law.

Boy, the state really gets a few extra chances to stick it in over there.

This case is so bizarre that I believe John Goodman in drag would allow a shadow puppet presentation too, if the prosecution asks nicely! :dunno:

Last edited:

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Other states may have this too, but I read this^ is specific to Florida law.

Boy, the state really gets a few extra chances to stick it in over there.

I'm pretty sure in between watching The Walking Dead in my CJUS courses that it is Prosecution Defense Prosecution here in Louisiana as well.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    How long do ya'll think they will deliberate for? How long before we get a verdict?

Depends on the jury. If they've already decided... maybe 5 hours :dunno: so it looks like they had to decide. If people actually look at what evidence - not speculation - was presented, a not-guilty verdict should come eventually. Pure speculation on my part.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Well I definitely ain't watching the State get back up there. I can't listen to that dude.

I wonder if he'll get back up and start cursing and yelling again? :rofl:

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Deliberating on a Friday can go either way for GZ. I really believe we will have a verdict by the end of the day because I know I would want to go home and see my son and pet my dog!! They could all say; not enough evidence, not guilty, nice meeting y'all! Or they could say; screw it, guilty, nice meeting y'all, and like me on Facebook!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Depends on the jury. If they've already decided... maybe 5 hours :dunno: so it looks like they had to decide. If people actually look at what evidence - not speculation - was presented, a not-guilty verdict should come eventually. Pure speculation on my part.

Based on the standard of reasonable doubt; here is how this should go:

Judge John Goodman(in drag): "Does the jury understand my instructions?"
    Jury Foreman: "Yes your honor! We are ready to give you our verdict!"

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    Well I definitely ain't watching the State get back up there. I can't listen to that dude.

I wonder if he'll get back up and start cursing and yelling again? :rofl:

It's not the same guy from yesterday doing the rebuttal. It's the Ben Affleck want to be.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Dammit! I missed his closing. What did he say and was it an impact maker?

I'm about to tell the people in the office to stay the Hell away from me until the verdict is read.

It's not the same guy from yesterday doing the rebuttal. It's the Ben Affleck want to be.

You noticed that too, huh? I had to do a second glance.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Folks the piece of concrete was very smart on O'Mara's summation as opposed to the prosecutors skittles as a weapon . Case closed . Not Guilty !

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Based on the standard of reasonable doubt; here is how this should go:

Judge John Goodman(in drag): "Does the jury understand my instructions?"
    Jury Foreman: "Yes your honor! We are ready to give you our verdict!"

I like your train of thought. But I don't think it will go quite that way. I hope we have something by the end of the day.

Top Bottom