Zimmerman visits KelTec, looking for KSG?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    No one is saying he can't do anything. I'm saying for our (gun owners) sake, I personally wish he was keeping a lower profile. To those that opposed the verdict...the people that think he "got away with it"...the people fighting to take your gun rights away, he's rubbing it in their faces and I don't feel that's good for the cause. I could care less about him having a gun or getting pulled over for speeding. Doing photo ops and making himself a posterboy for a gun manufacturer just seems in poor taste and judgement, and is certainly not helping his fellow gun owners. Like I said before, just as the whole thing was dying down and everyone is finally moving on he's back in the news and refueling their fire.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Did I miss something? Did the jury say "Not Guilty but don't stop and help at accident scenes." Did they say "Not Guilty but don't go over the speed limit like EVERYBODY else does." Did they say "Not Guilty but you can't drive around Texas with a handgun in your glove compartment." Did they say "Not Guilty but keep a low profile" Did they say "Not Guilty but don't visit gun manufacturers." Did they say "Not Guilty but stay off of Social Media and for God's sake don't ever smile again."

The man was treated like crap and crucified by the most powerful media corporations in the WORLD. The leader of the Free World went against him.He's been through something that NONE of us ever want to dream about one night much less go through in real life. And he WON. He has every right to do whatever he damn well pleases. If it were me I'd be on twitter calling myself #NOLIMITWHITEHISPANIC flipped everybody off with both hands.

Couldn't agree with you more but GZ's ordeal isn't over and neither is ours. The courts decision sent a strong message to the anti gun community that hopefully has caused some to calmly rethink the issue. Posing with the manufacturer of his gun with a big smile as if celebrating a tragic event just pisses off the opposition and sets back any advances we may have made.
    Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Life snuffed out when there is 60 years ahead of that life is tragic. Whether he did it to himself or not. A 17 yr soldier may certainly be more mature, but it is a young age. I'm not insinuating they are at home playing with Lincoln logs and Legos. I'm speaking strictly of the future.

And I'd say the same damn thing about a 19 yr old soldier who died for his country. Man, kid, young adult... The name does not remove the youth of the deceased.

Bad decisions with the rest of their life ahead of themselves is depressing to me. Thug punks throwing away years due to their stupidity. Its tragic.

My two cents.

I don't drink. Too bad, cause I'd need a fifth of Old No. 7 to understand Trayvon=Marine hero. Nah, not even then.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Some things are best left to time to heal the wound. GZ is well with in his legal rights to tour any gun factory he's invited too. And yes he is the poster child for the stand your ground law. The anti's/media have even appointed him the pro gun poster child to hurt him/us. GZ would be smart to do what he wants but keep a low profile because what ever he does will be reported in a bad light by the Trayvone loving media. His every move will be scrutinized and reported in the worst way possible. And sadly gun owners will be linked to him because it's the politically correct thing to do. How many here cheered when he was acquitted? I know I did.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    “We certainly would not have advised him to go to the factory that made the gun that he used to shoot Trayvon Martin through the heart,” Shawn Vincent, a spokesman for attorney Mark O’Mara, told Yahoo News. “That was not part of our public relations plan.”

I guess not :mamoru:

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    On my Dad's 17th birthday he joined the US Navy. He signed his enlistment papers and from that point on the US Navy treated him like a MAN not a "kid". He didn't get special treatment, he had to do what all the men on the ship did. So the Navy made him run Ammo across the deck of a Heavy Cruiser while Japanese fighters shot at him.

Trayvon Martin signed his enlistment papers when he punched Zimmerman in the face. Act like a man, get treated like a man. Punching someone in the face isn't a bad decision, it's a criminal act.

Interesting. Because I am unaware of any state that allows anyone to enter a binding legal contract at 17. My mom was unable to join the Marines in 1967 as a 17year old on her signature alone

ΜΟΡΟΝ ΛΑΒΙΑ

EDIT TO ADD: emancipated 17 year old can enlist and enter contracts.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I have a 15 yr old. He was a kid. A thug, but also sad that he made some of those decisions. He threw it away, but still... A kid.

Your 15 year old is a kid. I'm sorry cat, but I think you're looking at this from the perspective of your kid(s). Your kids aren't going to be attacking people.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I think he was asked to take a pic, not thinking tmz and gawkers was going to post it all over the Internet. But he did just go thru one hell of a **** storm, no ones perfect.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Your 15 year old is a kid. I'm sorry cat, but I think you're looking at this from the perspective of your kid(s). Your kids aren't going to be attacking people.

Hmmmm...

You're right. I had to think about it a while. But yes.

It still bothers the hell out of me when they make their decisions. I don't remember being particularly upset during the Jena 6. But having a 15 yr old myself. So young. She's not ready for the world and three years isn't long enough to prepare her.

I can see how I'm transposing that to others. Honestly thank you for pointing it out Jack. My husband and I have butted heads over this quite a bit.

I'd still shoot but the remorse would cripple me.
    My husband says it shouldn't.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I can't fault Zim for the photo op. Maybe he's shoring up some financial support before his law suit against NBC takes off.

I can however fault him for trying to buy that piece of trash keltec shotty. WTF is he thinking?

Last edited:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    So it's been a year and half, doesn't mean he has been sitting in a recliner exactly.

Meeting Keltac by their invitation or whatever... Sure. Great. Awesome. Posting photos because he's there only because, ultimately, he killed a guy? He's coasting on the wrong type of notoriety.

Indifferent yes. Not socially accessible.

Did he post the picture, and write the bit, or did he stop by to say think you to the gun company which he used to save his life, and refuse to be an a-hole when someone asked for a picture.

And is what happened from there out of his control.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Life snuffed out when there is 60 years ahead of that life is tragic. Whether he did it to himself or not. A 17 yr soldier may certainly be more mature, but it is a young age. I'm not insinuating they are at home playing with Lincoln logs and Legos. I'm speaking strictly of the future.

And I'd say the same damn thing about a 19 yr old soldier who died for his country. Man, kid, young adult... The name does not remove the youth of the deceased.

Bad decisions with the rest of their life ahead of themselves is depressing to me. Thug punks throwing away years due to their stupidity. Its tragic.

My two cents.

A young military member's passing is horrible. I've been too many funerals.

A young thug who is stopped before he can destroy many other lives (they are typically repete offenders)
    I'm thankful those other lives are spared. One may be my sister's.

VERY different.

If I blame anyone, I blame the thugs parents, not someone who acted in defense of their life.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La

true.

and most ( without looking it up i bet less that 1% are) 15 year olds are attacking anyone either.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Hmmmm...

You're right. I had to think about it a while. But yes.

It still bothers the hell out of me when they make their decisions. I don't remember being particularly upset during the Jena 6. But having a 15 yr old myself. So young. She's not ready for the world and three years isn't long enough to prepare her.

I can see how I'm transposing that to others. Honestly thank you for pointing it out Jack. My husband and I have butted heads over this quite a bit.

I'd still shoot but the remorse would cripple me.
    My husband says it shouldn't.

It is entirely different for a mother.

Top Bottom